News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What Do You Fix?

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, July 16, 2020, 10:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bio-nonymous

I have been patiently waiting for the pressure treated wood on the new screen porch I framed in earlier in the summer to dry so I can start painting and then FINALLY install the screen. It looks like this will be my weekend. I cannot wait to have it finished--a nice fall season outside minus annoying insects!

ALSO: I fixed a flat tire on my lawn mower last weekend, I was pretty proud of myself for some reason, putting in a plug wasn't a hard job. I actually was most excited that I got the reason to spring for a nice floor jack... Having an opportunity to acquire new tools always makes me happy.

Parasaurolophus

Discovered a carpenter ant nest in the window casing of our cabin (and, presumably, much of the surrounding wall, too. That's beyond my ability, desire, or time to fix.

But I did clean the gutters. I don't think I've ever done that before. They sure needed it.
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I fixed an old wind chime using wire, cord from old window blinds, scrap wood and varnish. It looks a lot better now!

FishProf

I let smolt put up her window curtain rods in her new room.

They are not even, level, or centered.  Perfect.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Parasaurolophus

I affixed the skylight on the tiny house, which was removed for transportation, then balanced precariously while the house was canted and awaiting another truck to position it. Final fixing will be sometime next week, probably. Or maybe tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.