News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

CHE requires registration to read any articles

Started by polly_mer, July 24, 2020, 07:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

https://www.chronicle.com/page/were-asking-you-to-register-heres-why!

I guess that's the end of my reading the CHE.  If I'm paying for actual journalism, then the CHE doesn't make the top 10.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

eigen

I pretty much only read when I'm in my office and my campus subscription kicks in.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

polly_mer

Quote from: eigen on July 24, 2020, 07:20:07 PM
I pretty much only read when I'm in my office and my campus subscription kicks in.

I no longer have a campus subscription, although our library does get a paper edition (not useful during covid).

I even have a registered account, but I had been reading for months by clicking from Twitter.

Months ago, I got a notice regarding hacked accounts at CHE so I logged out on every device.

This is a hobby now.  If I'm paying, then I'm sending money to other outlets.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Parasaurolophus

For a while there, some articles were free if accessed via their FB feed. I guess that's done now too?

It's been fun to read them on occasion, but it's certainly not something I care about enough to support financially either. At least, it's much lower down my list, like polly said.
I know it's a genus.

hmaria1609

I had a registered account but forgot the password. I wasn't too happy seeing I had one free remaining article left after I read one in the "Advice" section. Ugh, not interested in a paid subscription either.