News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August writing challenge

Started by Puget, August 04, 2020, 06:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonsensical

Addressed one more comment on R&R with colleague today. The comment asked me to make a figure, and it probably took me longer to figure out how to get it to look the way I wanted in Word than it did to actually put together the content, but I was victorious in the end.

Parasaurolophus

Today:

• Presentation prep (ugh)
  • Either Foggy Paper, Book Proposal, or Coa-Authored Paper 2

Probably Foggy, really.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 18, 2020, 12:01:21 PM

• Presentation prep (ugh)
  • Either Foggy Paper, Book Proposal, or Coa-Authored Paper 2

Done!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Side-gig interview today. After that, one of the usual items.
I know it's a genus.

nonsensical

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2020, 08:09:58 AM

Is this a job interview, or a media interview where you talk about your work? If the former, good luck! And if the latter, sounds fascinating.

I addressed one more comment on R&R with colleague this morning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2020, 08:09:58 AM

Worked on Foggy and a conference comment. Foggy's nearly there, after languishing for four years.

Quote from: nonsensical on August 19, 2020, 08:52:18 AM

Is this a job interview, or a media interview where you talk about your work? If the former, good luck! And if the latter, sounds fascinating.

Alas, the former. The latter would be way cooler. Went well, though!
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Got a lot of notes and written-out bits of text ready to type up over the past weekend.

Then--courage fatigue set in....along with a sore tight spot under the shoulder blade that won't loosen despite all the exercises, aspirin, and resting positions I know that should fix it.

The window of time I had for pulling the material closed by Tuesday and the rest of the week's demands have set in with a vengeance.

Grumble. Grumpy.

It'll come back, it just hit at a point where I didn't need it to. And the shoulder's loosening up today, finally...

Grumble.

(Sorry for lowering the tone of the thread...)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

nonsensical

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2020, 04:54:53 PM
Alas, the former. The latter would be way cooler. Went well, though!

Glad to hear that it went well!

I just finished another comment on R&R with colleague. It is quite satisfying to see the number of comments steadily decrease.

Parasaurolophus

Today:

• Watch little sister's MSc defence.
  • Foggy?
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 20, 2020, 11:29:49 AM
Today:

• Watch little sister's MSc defence.
  • Foggy?

Done! Off camping tomorrow, so nothing will get done then.
I know it's a genus.

nonsensical

I flipped part of my weekend this week - didn't work yesterday and am working today instead. Took care of one more comment on the same paper I've been working on.

mamselle

More notes and reading done, more  Chapter 1 organization in progress.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I came back from camping to discover that June Paper has gotten an R&R! I'm pleased, because it's from another one of the T10 generalist journals (so I'm racking up the T10 points!). But I'm especially pleased because it's on a topic I knew nothing about before starting the paper.

If I have the energy after cleaning and stuff today, I'll start working through the comments, to make up for missing Friday.
I know it's a genus.

nonsensical

Yay! Congratulations on your R&R. What a lovely thing to return home to, and I hope the camping itself was fabulous as well.

I addressed a few more comments on R&R with colleague. I just counted and there are three comments left, so the end is in sight.

Parasaurolophus

w00t! I love the feeling of nearly being there!

For today:

• A little work on Foggy
  • Some reading for the R&R
  • Read partner's new chapter

I don't think I have the time or energy to properly fix the book proposal by the end of the month. I'll beg off until September.
I know it's a genus.