News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB yesterday - needed help because I didn't realize dancehall was one word.

LB - found a good 3fer plover-ricket-(yucky word) then, my excuse is that I couldn't unsee that yucky word until Langue-doc showed the light.

This morning I thought I had the pangram first thing but gah, no T.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations on all of yesterday's successes, and on QB today, Langue_doc.  Ciao-yall, you'll get that pangram!

Yesterday my last word was each.  I can't believe that I had so much trouble seeing it!  I was at QB-1 for a good while.  I agree about dancehall.  I tried it when I was running out of ideas, and was a little surprised that it was accepted. 

I also reached QB today. 

LB:  I also had productive-elk, which was the "official" solution.  It took me longer than usual to find it!  Did anyone have anything different?

I have a 2fer today as well.

It's a gorgeous day here in southern New England—we'll be out and about today.  My husband wants to go to a car show, so I will happily tag along. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I have two words left to QB, so I will keep at it if they are all familiar.  Did get to Alpha and GN4L.  It took a while to get going on it this morning! Congrats on your QBs already, Langue_doc and cathwen! I think my final words were deadhead, deadheaded yesterday.

For LB, I came up with kelp-productive.  Didn't think of elk! Well, at least it's a different solution.   Congrats on already getting one today, cathwen! And enjoy your beautiful weather and car show!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Made it to QBABM! Husband beat me to it again, and we had different final words.

Just had to add that last night after getting the 2fer, I kept hearing the Beatles "Help!" but with kelp.  My mind likes to do that.  I eventually have to try to trade it for another earworm.  This happen to anyone else?

Still have hard sudoku and have to take a look at LB.

Parasaurolophus

Struggled the last 15 points to genius.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

I had whatnots yesterday, but couldn't find a mate.

Speaking of earworms, there was one in a recent crossword.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - with some new words endue, endued, nudie.

LB - 3fers coming out of my ears nougat-whatev-vision,wet-touts-shaving, whets-shaving-guano, swing-ghosts-suave... but never found a 2fer.

Happy Monday, and happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

It's a good puzzle day for me—QB already, and a 2fer! 

Yesterday my last words were ennui and duded, the last tried just for the heck of it—I never think of dude as a verb.

LB:  I had the "official" outweigh-havens..

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have 2 words left to QB, got Alpha and GN4L so will try more later.  Congrats on QBABY, cathwen!  Yesterday my last word was nudie as well. 

No luck on LB yesterday, but today is a new day, I guess! Congrats on your 2fers yesterday and today, cathwen!

Langue_doc, which earworm were you thinking of, or is it too recent to share yet?

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB and twofer!

Earworm was in a recent puzzle, NE corner, top down. The clue was about a constant or repetitive melody which reminded me of the word that one of you had mentioned on this thread.

Convoluted sentence, huh?

ab_grp

Yay, congrats on both the QB and 2fer, Langue_doc! I will have to do some investigating of this earworm.

I got to QBABM a few minutes ago, but husband beat me to it again.  We had different final words again, too.    Have to do hard sudoku and then give LB a go.

Langue_doc

This past Thursday, 12 D.

ab_grp

Oh! Thanks, Langue_doc! I thought you meant it was AN earworm.   Who knows where that rabbit hole might have led.

ab_grp

Yay! Got a 2fer! This one came pretty easily, which is definitely a nice change for me.

Langue_doc

Ah, earworms and rabbit holes! I was responding to your kelp earworm, ab_grp.

Congrats on your victories. LB wasn't too difficult, was it? I tried the usual subject, object, enjoy, and other similar words to get a j word, and then finally found the easy word.