News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Finally getting to the puzzles!  I'm at QB-4 at the moment.  Yesterday's QBABM was unexpected, and a nice salve to the LB mojo wounds.  Gamin was my last word.

I never did get a 2fer yesterday, although I did see debonair, so congratulations, Langue_doc! 

I found a 2fer today, so my losing streak has been broken.  Congratulations on yours, ab_grp! 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Yay! Congrats on your QB yesterday and on closing in on it today, cathwen! And on your 2fer as well!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (first word) and genius. Missed durag yesterday.

chump/pivoter

Happy solving, all!

ETA: According to the NYPost, Wordle saved a woman from her kidnapper.
https://nypost.com/2022/02/10/chicago-woman-rescued-from-naked-kidnapper-thanks-to-wordle/

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBWH, needed hints for durag, grandad. And chump-pivoters.

Slept a long time last night. I was bushed, so went to bed at 8:30 and thought I'd get up early to go to the gym, but nope. Guess I needed the rest.

Well, happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I have 5 words to go today, having a little trouble getting into it.  I needed a first-letter hint for my final word (agar, ugh!), but durag was right behind it and was husband's final word that required a hint.

I had the same 2fer as you both, Langue_doc and ciao_yall! I wonder if anyone got the schmofficial one.

Langue_doc, wow!! What a story! That is really crazy.  It's funny what can tip you off to something not being quite right, and I'm so glad that feeling was acted upon.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Thanks to hints, durag and guar were my last words on QB yesterday.  Today I'm eight words away from QB, but at least I have the pangram (which was my first word).

My LB answer was the same as everyone else's:  chump-pivoters.  No 2fer yet today!

Langue_doc, that is quite some story!  How fortunate that the daughter was worried enough to call the police. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. It's an uphill slog today.

I don't know what my last word was--I was trying to get the last seven or eight points on one device, but when I got on the bee on the computer, I had all the words in the bee. I've had this happen before where words entered on one device don't always appear on another device.

gimbals/spectre

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning! GwP but no 2fer yestersday, just b4ss gamblers-spiciest, gamblers-script, graspable-emitic and a lot of 3fers.

Today is a new day.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram this morning, and it was a struggle to get there.  Yesterday I resorted to 2LL hints; croci was my last word, following tricot and octopi.

I never did find a 2fer yesterday, but I have one today.  Langue_doc, I think you may have been the only one to find a 2fer yesterday?  Congratulations!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I am making slow headway on the bee today, as I still have a few crossword entries to figure out.  Yesterday, my final ones were toric, octopi.

No luck on LB for me either, so congrats, Langue_doc! And congrats on yours today, cathwen!

If you do Wordle, husband mentioned that it is being migrated to the NYT platform, and some streaks are being wiped out (though they have supposedly figured out the issue and are rectifying it).  I took a screenshot of mine and plan to hold off until later today but will go see if I can find the article about it.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Close but no cigar again. I guess I haven't really been giving it my all this last while.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

GwP but no 2fer. Those darn compounds! Just a 2fer b4ss peahen-networking and a pretty close work-knight-teapot.

Happy solving and happy weekend!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I have 4 words left today, but it's another struggle.  Yesterday I missed amoebae, mezzo, despite finding the similar words.  Ugh.

No 2fer yesterday, either!

Maybe today will be a better puzzle today, although it will be busy. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and genius. Last word yesterday was bombe. I've seen this before so should have found it much earlier!

The bee seemed extremely difficult this morning, but I just saw the obvious, which helped me get to genius.

I've been out birding--gorgeous weather and several shorebirds--will post list later today.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I got to QBWATHICG yesterday; I just lost patience.  Bombe was also my last word.  Today I am at QB-2.

I had the "official" 2fer yesterday (paperwork-knight), but have not found one today, despite a number of good words. 

It's a lovely day here, so a walk might be in my future!

Happy puzzling!