News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Thanks, Langue_doc! I'm very glad as well.  Nope, no explanation.  I think my husband was on to something with his theory that they overbooked the M/T slot.  Otherwise, it's hard to believe they couldn't track a piece of equipment that costs as much as a car and didn't seem to have concerns about the delivery screw up and resulting work schedule screw up.  I would be looking for some accountability.  So I think he might be right.   

But I also keep forgetting about Wordle! I was doing really well, and then one day I just forgot to finish it.  I had taken a guess or two and was thinking about what it could be, but just forgot.  And then I totally forgot it another day.  I am at least trying to keep up with Globle so I can learn more geography (seems to be working!), but I forget that, too. 

ab_grp

Got an easy but lopsided 2fer!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB with 2LL hints yesterday, as evening was upon me before I knew it and I was running out of time.  Last words were lump (!! And I already had lumpy!), pupil, and pulpit

Today:  Beta with the pangram; six words to go and stuck. 

LB:  rudiment-trackback.  I was surprised that the second word was accepted.  Today I found a 2fer with normal words.

I usually remember Wordle, but not reliably, so I don't keep track of my statistics.  I also do the French version ("Le Mot"), and although English is my native language, I usually require fewer guesses with French!  Go figure. 

As for the supermoon, I completely forgot to look last night. Argh!  Langue_doc, I'm glad you got to see it!  Ab_grp, good luck with the HVAC installation!  And, my 2fer is also lopsided.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Two-fer!

ETA: QB

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer and QB, Langue_doc! I just have one word left and hope to get it.

ETA: oops, missed cathwen's post! Congrats on your different solution yesterday and 2fer today! I wonder if we have the same lopsided solution.  Good luck with your remaining bee words.

Parasaurolophus

Blah, didn't get there today.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday I went to hints for ganache (missed this before!) and galangal, which I would have never gotten in a million years.  Congratulations on QB, Langue_doc!

Today I clawed my way to genius with the pangram, but I'm finding this a tough one.

LB:  I had morphological-lure.  Ab_grp, is this the same lopsided answer that you found?  I found a 2fer today, too. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH - I got galangal but missed ganache, glance. LB pharmacological-lure.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet. Last word yesterday was encage.

pharmacologic/cure; then morphological/lure and puma/archeologic

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius and pangram and am finishing the crossword at the moment.  Yesterday we both got down to one and the same word, galangal, which I finally managed to remember with Shunn's help.  I don't know what it is about that word! Congrats again, Langue_doc!

My LB solution was morphological-luge, so nearly the same, cathwen! But there were other lopsided ones featuring a different long word, so lots of interesting solutions! And three from Langue_doc!

Didn't sleep so great since the work didn't end up getting done, but they are finishing up this morning and then I have a call with some senior colleagues this afternoon, so I hope they are done by then!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay, got a pretty easy 2fer! And I forgot to say congrats to cathwen on getting one today.

ab_grp

I'm here again to pass on the info I just came across from Sam about some bee features in the next couple days.  It's too long to try to summarize, but lots of multi-pangram days, some Qs and Xs.  https://twitter.com/thegridkid/status/1537146392447156225

Parasaurolophus

Last-minute bedtime GWP.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and 144 points. I think my last word yesterday was colonel.

marshland/drawback; probably not too many solutions because of the single vowel.

ab_grp, thank you for the link, will look at it when I'm properly awake.

I went to a concert in the catacombs (yes, people are indeed buried there) in Greenwood Cemetery yesterday--will post details later.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Last word yesterday was oleic.  Today I am at QB-2 and need to take a break and come back, hoping the last words will jump out at me.  They're not doing so now.

LB:  I also had marshland-drawback, and a 2fer today.  Langue_doc, congratulations on so many LB combinations yesterday!  Wow. 

Happy puzzling!