News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good evening!

Got to QB today.  Yesterday I needed a 2LL hint to find daphne, my last word.

LB:  I did not see gearbox!  I had juking, even (as well as junking).  Oh well!  I do have a 2fer today, though.

Glad you're doing better today, ab_grp! 

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Thanks cathwen! And congrats on your QB and 2fer.  Happily I am joining you in both today!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last words yesterday were byte and lilt, which I thought I'd entered much earlier.

climbs/strophe

ab_grp, hope you're feeling much, much better.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Pangram and genius (which was a struggle) so far.  Yesterday eyeteeth was my last word.

LB:  I had brothers-simplistic.  Already some variety, as neither Langue_doc nor I have the "official" solution. 

I found a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally made it to genius with the pangram.  I'm glad to hear I am not the only one struggling today! I got to QB yesterday, with last words eyelet, byte, yeti.

For LB, I have a third nonschmofficial solution to add: prosthetic-climb.  Congrats, Langue_doc and cathwen! Yours is quite different, cathwen! Congrats on another today, as well.

Thanks, Langue_doc! Still continuing to do better.  I thought I was mostly over it yesterday but had a pretty sweaty night.  Maybe today is the day! I do feel a lot closer to normal.  Mostly arm pain at this point, but we shall see.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word billet.

LB - adding blemish-helicopter to the non-schmofficial list.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

That's a great 2fer, ciao_yall! Very different!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Still 6 bee words to go.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams pretty quickly today! Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed help with manhattan, photomap, photon.

For LB, I got warhorses-slightly.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for a new word [photomap. LB earwig-ghostly.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH for photomap, a new word for me also.  Today I'm at Beta, but foresee the need for help later.

LB: I had lightyears-sow.  So much variety with this one!  No 2fer today as yet.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Found both pangrams quite early on, but am not sure if I'll get to QB. Missed the photo word yesterday.

growls/stealthily

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--all easy words today.

Missed the m-word yesterday--not sure if I want that word in my vocabulary.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwATHICG for melodeon. Let's all use that today in a sentence, shall we?

LB - just 3fers. Closest I got was charitable-epoch-half, fireable-epoch-hat, fop-pitchable-ear. I really liked blotch-hairpiece-elf, pitcher-flab-barhop.

Well, let's see what today brings. Happy solving!