News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH, newish word guileful. LB molecule-earthwork.

Between late last night and early this morning I achieved QBABM, yay me! I like the shorter ones for that reason. Oh and a 2fer. So no excuses to check the gizmo today. May as well enjoy paradise!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Congrats on your QBABY and your 2fers yesterday and today, ciao_yall! I hope paradise is treating you well.  Enjoy!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and well above genius this morning. I probably have just a couple more words left. Last words yesterday were feign, feigning.

chuckle/earthworm, and then modified the first word to muckle.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBw2LLhints yesterday; last word fugu.  Darn those fish names!  Today I have six words to go.  Congratulations on QBABY, ciao_yall!

LB:  I had earthworm-muckle, which is apparently a Scottish term for 'a large amount.'  I found a 2fer today right away.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Found the last word and also got a twofer.

I wanted to take a second look at the Tudors exhibition at the Met. Fortuitously street cleaning was suspended today so I got there before the crowds.

I'm the second person on the waiting list (there are more than thirty on that list) for an architecture walk tomorrow-- hope two people drop out so that I get to go on that walk.

ab_grp

Wow, congrats on another QBABY and 2fer, Langue_doc! That's great that you got to the Tudors exhibition and again and that you have a good chance at the architecture walk tomorrow.  I hope you are selected and that the weather is amenable.

I bet a QBABY is also in your future cathwen, and yeah on getting the 2fer right away!

Congrats to you both on your 2fers yesterday involving muckle.  Never would have guessed that one!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word yesterday was maxima.

rambling/golfed; flamingo/orbed

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram, plus a bit.  Yesterday I couldn't quite make it and needed help with tomcat, but at least we got team QB.

Yesterday I had marbling-golfed.  Congrats on two different 2fers, Langue_doc! Today I got one really quickly again.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBABM, last word was tomato. LB embargoing-golfed.

Today's bee looks like a slog - I'm well into genius but many words to go! I need a strategy to deal with these long ones because it is easy to overlook words when the list gets long.

Did get a quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Easy romp to QB. The kindle seems to have messed up my entries yesterday--I see that I missed belie, which I knew I had entered before the past tense form. Oh, well!

bourgs/sprinkle

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram.  It was a little tough to get to genius, and husband felt the same way, so congrats on already getting to QBABY, Langue_doc!! Hopefully we will join you.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed help with boil(ing).  Dang it, so close! Ciao_yall, it is hard to keep track when there's such a long list. 

I had the schmofficial bogus-sprinkle.  I tried spelunk thinking that must be part of the solution, but it didn't take it. ! No 2fer yet today, but I have some contenders going.  Seems a little tough, but maybe something will occur to me.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I got a 2fer but am not jumping for joy over the second word.  Might try again...

ciao_yall

QBwH for boodle. LB bogus-sprinkle.

Stuck today at QB-3 but I do have a 2fer.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

Yesterday was very busy, so I did not finish the Bee.  Not only that, but I didn't get a 2fer, either!  I had sprinkle, but did not see bogus.  Congratulations to those who got it, and also to the QBs!

Today before leaving for the airport I got to QB, and I also got a 2fer. 

We're home now—we had a great time and hope to go back someday.  But I'm now glad to be home.  Ciao_yall, are you still in Hawaii?

Happy puzzling!