News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with last word pricy.   Today I have both pangrams and seven more words to go. 

LB:  I did not have a 2fer yesterday, despite much trying.  I did find one today, though. 

Ab_grp, I'm glad your eye appointment went well (except for the outrageous wait time)!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, was missing pricy. In my brain it had an "e" but when I saw I was missing a P-5 I started fooling with letters and voila.

LB was 3fers out of my ears - me and my compound word mental block! juleps-smart-toke, julep-prams-stoke, julep-porks-steam and many others.

Oh well, happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Didn't get around to working on the puzzles yesterday but did find the second pangram.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for biennia, biennial. Just 3fers until I went to the hints for myocardium-manhunt.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but no pangram.  Husband is the opposite.  Yesterday we failed to get team QB, both missing appealable.  I also missed biennia(l).

No luck again despite a bunch of contenders.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Cathwen, thanks! And this wait time was actually the shortest I have had there.  Most of the appts are at least 3 hours (well, the appt itself is just a few minutes, but I am stuck there for at least three hours).  He's only in this office twice a month, and people travel fairly long distances for the appts, so I guess I'm lucky to get one at all, but I am still glad to have a few months off.  The waiting rooms are always totally full, so as I heard about 40 times from various other patients at my last appt, it's "musical chairs" and "a waiting game." 

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB today (although it took me ages to get the pangram), and QB yesterday with a hint for the last two words: bleep and baleen. 

LB:  I had mythomaniac-curd.  I have a 2fer today also. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got past genius with pangram so far.  I don't know why it took me so long to find the pangram yesterday, but finally after lunch I went to unlock my computer, and it just popped into my head.  Anyway, we got team QB, but I was missing annul, lunula, land, null.  I had thought ulnal was in there before, and husband remembered landau (which I then remembered because I know we looked it up).  The other day, I thought bannable (as in bannable offense) should be considered.

No luck on LB again.  Ugh! I had plenty of contenders and was hoping it would click, but no joy.

Long chat coming this afternoon, so I better get on to sudokus and LB and back to the bee.  I did get crossword and Wordle done.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for invalid, undid which I should have gotten but oh well. LB has been tricky this week! Ended up going to the hints for philologic-cursive.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with annuli as my last word (found with 2LL hints).  I, too, was surprised at the rejection of landau and ulnal. Perhaps I am confusing it with ulnar?  But landau is in my Bee list of missed words, so I'm surprised it was not accepted.  Today I am at genius with the pangram and five words to go.

LB:  I had philologer-recursive.  I also have a 2fer today.

Busy day today!  It's my husband's birthday.  Normally, I would be in the kitchen all day baking and prepping some wonderful dinner, but he wants to try a new steak house—so that's what we're doing.  He requested biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast, so I did get to make him something special!  The rest of my day will be spent cleaning, as Middle Daughter and Grandson are arriving tomorrow afternoon until Wednesday.  Of course, it's going to be cold and rainy while they're here—sigh. 

Anyway—happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Evening!

I think I might have just one or at the most two four-letter words left. Yesterday I missed only annuli--thought I might have missed more words, so didn't try to complete the bee--oh, well! Tried landau several times.

Twofer.

Happy dinner, cathwen, and also a good visit with daughter and grandson.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word yesterday was peel, which I thought I'd entered much earlier.

oximeters/slang

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word was pullout. LB regimentals-sox.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangram and finally to genius.  Yesterday we failed to make team QB, missing putout, which we both thought we had entered.  I also can't believe I missed lollop! But I was happy to remember tupelo.

No luck on LB again! Congrats on your solutions, Langue_doc and ciao_yall!

I hope your husband had a happy birthday, cathwen! Biscuits and sausage gravy sounds like a wonderful treat, and so does a night out at a steakhouse! Hope your visit goes well, too, and that the weather is better to you than predicted.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH yesterday.  I needed help for autopoll, peloton, putt, and tupelo.  Today I have five words to go, but little time for searching, as Daughter and Grandson arrive in a few hours, and I would like to do a little more dinner prepping so that I can relax when they get here.

LB:  I had the "official" neologism-matrix.  No 2fer yet today. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last word yesterday was gonna.

Happy solving!