News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I was missing childhood, igloo.

For LB, I finally got the schmofficial woeful-lipstick right before dinner.  I had been looking for -ful words but hadn't even seen the latter until just then.  Whew.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far.  Yesterday I needed hints to find cichlid. A new word to add to my Bee list!

No LB solution yesterday, although I did find woeful. How I then missed lipstick is beyond me.  No 2fer yet today!  Argh.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for cichlid - always something, isn't it. Also woeful-lipstick.

HOA board meeting and hiking group later.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. That's it for today--off on my trip. cathwen, I'll wave to you as I'm going along 15.

Last word yesterday was moola.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday to find maxima. Today I have the pangram and am a bit above genius.

No 2fer yesterday, but I have one today!

Langue_doc, enjoy your trip!  I'll wave back.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram eventually and to genius eventually and will keep at it.  Long puzzle! Yesterday I got to QBABM again! My final word was bamboo.

No luck on LB despite what I thought were some very good contenders.  I'm very familiar with comorbidity but doubt that I ever would have thought of it.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Have a great trip, Langue_doc!!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB for maxilla. LB got a nudge for comorbidity-yaks.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB yesterday with BB. QB today too, with BB. It's going to be a busy afternoon and evening, hence my resorting to shortcuts. Couldn't fall asleep last night, despite my good intentions of going to bed before midnight, so turned to Wordle--found the solution on my second try.

Rain all morning, and probably rain most of the week. So much for walking and exploring the area.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word inattentive. LB chords-swankier.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Still not to genius yet, but I finally have both pangrams.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for dative, initiative, inattentive.  Congrats on your QBs and Wordle, Langue_doc! I felt lucky to get it in 3 today.

No luck on LB yet again.  Congrats, ciao_yall! Maybe today.

Sorry to hear about all the rain, Langue_doc.  I hope it clears up some for you or leads to other (good) adventures.

Happy solving! 

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwBB, last word inattentive. Today I'm beyond genius with both pangrams.

LB: I also had chords-swankier. I have one today as well.

Sending wishes for sunshine, Langue_doc!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Finally got to genius and got a 2fer!

Congrats on your 2fers yesterday and today, cathwen!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram thus far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for notator, orotund, tandoor.  I will probably never remember that middle one.

For LB I got fright-thousand.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and new words arrant, orotund. LB grounds-starfish.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH for tantara, nonart, and orotund, which seems to have stumped everyone. Today I have only two words to go, but where they're hiding is a mystery to me.

LB: frogfish-handout. I had the much more normal starfish, and missed grounds! I had never heard of a frogfish before, so my ichthyological knowledge is expanding.

Happy puzzling!