Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Evening!

QB. Last word yesterday was indigo.

rankings/slouch, glorious/shacking

Visiting family, so am on a long weekend. This is a once-a-year event because of the travel logistics of one of the members who has to fly in from another country. It was a lovely drive, with fall foliage the entire route.

ab_grp, hope you had a good coffee session.

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL for baaed, bank. I already had banked. LB - closest I got to the official was quinces-sat-topaz.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with help from my Bee list to find baaed and babka. Today I have two words to go.

LB: I had the "official" quiescent-topaz. And after much frustration, I found a 2fer today.

Enjoy your visit, Langue_doc! And the fall foliage!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius or so with pangram so far.  Yesterday husband got to QBABH but had to give me some help so we could get on to dinner.  I needed ameba(e), bedded.

No luck on LB despite trying and trying.  Congrats, cathwen, and on another today!

I hope you have a nice time with your family, Langue_doc! I envy you people seeing the fall foliage.

Our coffee outing was fine, just a little noisy thanks to all the Sunday Harley riders.  All is well, though we are still unclear about whether anyone got their flu shot.  They did not get the covid vaccine yet but think they got their flu shot.  Well, they feel "emotionally" (?!) that they have recently gotten one, but it could have been last year.  Hello, has anyone approached your arm with a needle? How can you not remember? I guess this is why people call them kidults.  The overall conversation was good as usual.  It was nice to have a different coffee blend, too.  I had a dark blend that I can't recall the name of.  Husband had a medium Brazil blend.  Kid had some weird frozen matchalatte or some such.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Evening!

Aargh! I posted earlier today, but my post seems to have disappeared--perhaps I forgot to hit the "Post" button?

Reposting: Pangram and above genius. I had to resort to BB to find the last word, amebae, which I distinctly remember typing and retyping at least four times to be informed that it was not on the bee's word list!

ab_grp, that's hilarious about the flu shot.

It rained most of today, but the colors are gorgeous even though the locals complain that due to the heavy rains this fall, the foliage isn't all that spectacular and that some of the trees are still turning. No complaints from my end!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. QB yesterday, last word was mammogram--patted myself on the back for having remembered logroll.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find aargh—which I thought had been a rejected word a few days ago—and hoorah. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, but have nine words to go.

LB: I had the "official" supersized-detach. I have a 2fer today also.

Langue_doc, I agree that even "unspectacular" foliage is still beautiful! And ab_grp, that really is funny about the fuzziness about the flu shot!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and a new word logogram. Plus I learned how to properly spell aargh. LB ended up getting a hint for parachutes-sized.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I'm a bit past genius with the pangram so far.  Yesterday we each had a word left of different lengths so decided to get our team QB and go home.  I needed horror yet again.  I had missed it often and then had found it a few times so thought my luck had turned.  Nope! I was patting myself on the back for logroll, too!

I had detach but didn't see supersized at all.  I was working on trapezius since that just left three letters, but I guess they weren't the right ones.  Congrats, cathwen, and on another one today! And congrats on a different one, ciao_yall!

Thanks about the flu shot story.  Each of the kidults has their own weirdnesses, of course, but this one really comes out with some head scratchers sometimes. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. QB--last word was tedium.

There was snow on top of the mountains yesterday. I thought I was imagining things, but no, it was real snow due to a cold front passing through. There were hillsides covered with fall foliage, and snow on the peaks!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and a new word tumid. LB got a hint for program-mindful.

Not much puzzle time these days - new job fell out of the sky, and now I have a long commute in the car. I try to get a good start on the puzzles then think about them while driving.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for tumid.

No luck on LB.  I had program but totally missed the -ful suffix availability!

Congratulations on your new job despite the commute, ciao_yall! That is a good time to think about puzzles, at least.

And enjoy all the amazing multi-seasonal views, Langue_doc! It's funny how different mountain tops can be from other weather.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius and pangram, three words to go. Yesterday I needed help for tempi, tumid (a new word for me), and tutee, my last word, and one that I usually find fairly quickly.

LB: I had the "official" program-mindful. I have a 2fer today also.

Ciao_yall, congratulations on your new job, even if it does cut down on puzzle time! Langue_doc, enjoy your time in the mountains!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius and then the pangram. Last word yesterday was the pangram with the not-really-helpful hint from BB.

There was a brief but heavy downpour Tuesday night, so the snow was gone when I looked at the peaks in the morning. Lovely drive back.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday; it took me a good while to find the pangram. I was at QB-1 when the last word, vivified, suddenly popped into my head on the way home from a doctor's appointment. Today I have three words to go, but am stumped.

LB: I had catamount-tetchily. The second word was a wild guess, and I was surprised when it was accepted. No 2fer yet today.

Langue_doc, that sounds like a lovely trip!

Happy puzzling!