News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL and a wild guess at felid. No 2fer here but a b4ss humiliation-nicely.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I had sort of remember-guessed felid but needed help with doff(ed), feel.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen!

And no luck on LB despite much trying.  Congrats on your 2fer, cathwen!

I'm glad you had such a nice drive home, Langue_doc!

I tried out my new cpap last night (after spending a little time with it on during the afternoon) and did not sleep well at all, so I have to look at the data today and make some adjustments.  Husband thinks the pressure was too low, so I will hook up to his and try that pressure out for a few this afternoon.  Oh well.  I wore it for 4-5 hrs, but I just could not fall asleep since it felt like a struggle to breathe, then I fell asleep for an hour or two and then was up again for another hour or more.  I ended up finally taking it off and sleeping happily for a few more hours.  Feeling very tired today and more than a little depressed (I'm sure being tired doesn't help with that emotional regulation), but I will make some adjustments and have some other masks to try as well.

Anyway, I am behind on puzzles from doing too much work this week so am taking a me day, dammit.  Puzzle time!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word cutout. LB no 2fer but several b4ss and 3fer solutions. I liked multitask-scorn

On my last try for Wordle this morning and totally stuck. Don't wanna blow the streak but it's not a long one so meh. Got it!

Anyway, happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw1LH for coconut (which I always seem to miss) and toot, which I can't remember ever missing. Oh well! Today I have clawed my way to genius with four of the five (!!) pangrams. This is a sloggy one.

LB: I had romantic-clucks and romanticism-mukluk. I have a 2fer today also.

Congratulations on Wordle, ciao_yall! I haven't tried that yet today, but I did not do well on Connections.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and great before leaving this morning. I'll probably get to genius, but that will need a magic wand. Last words were moth, month.

ab_grp, the CPAP takes quite a bit of adjusting. Do you have the nasal pillows or the thingy that covers your nose entirely so that you can't sneeze, cough, or take a sip of water? I couldn't get used to the latter, so tried the nasal pillows and have gotten comfortable (hah!) with it. The pillows come in different sizes, so you might want to see which size would be appropriate for your face. As for the pressure, that needs to be set by the physician based on your sleep study, so I would recommend talking to the doctor, the assistant, or even the CPAP supply company (which usually has an employee who can advise you on pressure). I recall during one of my medical appointments for an entirely unrelated issue in a different practice, the physician's assistant who also uses a CPAP suggested that I get used to it by wearing it in the evening while watching TV or reading, so you might also try to wear it before going to bed. PM me if you need more details.

Hope you had a better night!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have all the pangrams and am a bit past genius.  Still a ways to go.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for concoct.

No luck on LB yet again. Congrats on two 2fers, cathwen!! And another today!

Langue_doc, I think I have the same mask (nasal pillows) you mentioned in a previous post (P10, but not "for her"... that might have smaller nasal pillows? a "for her" is coming next week).  I have a couple others to try, and one is like you said that covers the whole nose area.  I saw one online today that some Redditors recommended that doesn't have straps that looks interesting.  Last night was not great again.  I guess a lot of people have trouble falling asleep with it on, and I guess I am one of them.  I wish I were one of the lucky who just take right to it.  I'm going to try to experiment some more this weekend when I have a chance to sleep in but had to get up for a meeting this morning.  :-( When I get further into my experimentation I might PM you, so thank you for the offer!

Anyway, I am clearly way behind on puzzles again but am going to try to take the rest of the day pretty easy.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Above genius, but that's it for today.

ab_grp, these are the nasal pillows https://cpapsupplies.com/swift-fx-nasal-pillows-by-resmed
They come in several sizes, from XS through L. As for the "for her" the only difference is the color, according to the medical assistant who was ordering my supplies. They usually send you one of each size, so see which one fits properly (without any leakage) and is also comfortable (no soreness).

ab_grp

Langue_doc, sorry I am sleepless-addled! I got them mixed up.  That one that you just linked to is the one I ordered that is getting here next Wednesday.  The one I got with my machine the other day and that I have been using is the Resmed Airfit P10: https://www.thecpapshop.com/resmed-airfit-p10-nasal-pillow-cpap-masks  That also comes in a "for her" but might also just be the color.  The one I got had 3 sizes of nasal pillows with it.  Sorry about that! I actually ordered the one you linked to first, but the other supplier was much quicker on the draw.  Anyway, I am looking forward to trying that one when it gets here.  The one my husband had that he said I could try is this one, but it looks like it's a full mask, and I am not that interested to try that one.  He had seal issues with it, in any case.  https://www.thecpapshop.com/fisher-paykel-evora-full-face-cpap-mask-with-headgear

Langue_doc

ab_grp, I think both versions of the nasal pillows are almost identical. The full mask for me was a torture chamber as I couldn't put on my glasses over it to read. The nasal pillows mask has a much longer cord (at least compared to the full mask) so I can move around, reach for things, and also drink water if I need to. The full mask that I tried was larger than the one in your picture so masks seem to have evolved. Good luck with getting used to the masks. I had a very patient doctor who was more concerned about insurance--if you don't use your mask for the required number of hours every week or month, it might not be covered by insurance. He was also very helpful with suggestions because he uses a mouthguard sort of thingy for his sleep apnea. The mouthguard has to be measured and fitted by a dentist, so I'm much happier with the CPAP. I'll be away all day tomorrow, so will not see your update until evening. Happy sleeping!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word oniony which I should have tried before resorting to hints. LB croquet-taxiway. Quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but still no idea about the pangram.  Husband doesn't have it either.  Yesterday we made it to team QB, but I needed a few: anionic, oilcan, oniony, maybe a few others.

No luck on LB yet again.  Congrats, ciao_yall, and on another today!

Langue_doc, thanks! It was somewhat better last night after some adjustments to my whole set up and having lower expectations about usage time.  I was able to fall asleep with it and sleep for a bit with it, so that is good progress.  I do look forward to trying the other masks to see if they feel a little more like normal breathing, but it was much better in that regard last night as well.  Baby steps! I slept in a bit but am going to need some time to adjust to all this.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with more help than I'd like to admit. But once I found clinic, several other word suddenly became apparent. Oniony was a wild guess. My last word was niacin, which I usually see. Sigh... Today I made QB, but it took me ages to find the pangram.

LB: I had the "official" croquet-taxiway. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Genius before leaving this morning, but no pangram. Missed a few words yesterday--I distinctly remember typing laconically and nonclinical several times, but somehow the bee seems to have ignored them.

ab_grp, slow and steady wins the race!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. I haven't had the energy to see what I missed in yesterday's bee.

The weather was lovely yesterday, as was the outdoors event I had organized with one of my event partners. It was a longish trip to the meeting place, but was worth it. One of the participants noted that we had covered five miles. This was a stop-and-look at certain places along the route, in a scenic outdoor setting, so everyone was glad to get out of the city in addition to seeing the "sights".

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB with one letter help yesterday for the last two words, untune and ennui. Today I made QBABM!

LB: photos-sunbeamy. I was leery of the second word, but it was accepted. I have a 2fer today.

Langue_doc, yesterday was such a warm, beautiful day, perhaps the last—or one of the last—warm days of the season. Your event sounded dreamy.

Happy puzzling!