News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH because it turned out I didn't have incite which I could have sworn I put in. LB ambush-honeypot.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but no pangram again! I needed help with that one yesterday.  I just couldn't see it.  Then when husband gave me enough hints to get it, I couldn't spell it.  He found today's, so hopefully I can get it without help at some point.  I also needed help on niece.  We got team QB, though.  Congrats on QBABY again, cathwen! And I wanted to also say I am super impressed about your QBABY the other day! Whew.  That takes persistence. 

I did get a 2fer yesterday despite forgetting about it! butanes-symphony.  I don't have one yet today but feel close.  Congrats on yours yesterday and today, cathwen! And on yours, ciao_yall! All different ones.

Langue_doc, that sounds like such a wonderful outing.  I'm so glad that the weather held up after so many weekends of rain outs and that your event went well!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. Last word yesterday was banal.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for libidinal. LB catchup-physiology.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams.  Yesterday I got to QBABM! Last word was libidinal.

For LB I got catsup-physiology.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations on QBABY, ab_grp! I got there, too, with last word bindi. Today I am at QB-1 and totally stumped.

LB: I had catsup-philology. Found a quick 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, wild guess at gawp, gawping. LB kiwi-incorporative.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed help for dumb papaw.  Fooled again!

For LB I finally got provocation-network after having the first word or variations thereof (plus plenty of other reasonable contenders) all day.  Took forever to find that mate for some reason! Congrats on yours, ciao_yall!

Happy solving! (and Happy Halloween if you celebrate!)

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Easy QB. Last words yesteday were wigwag, wigwagging, which I fortuitously remembered before agonizing over the missing points.

cathwen

Good evening!

QB yesterday with papaw as my last word, found with 2L help. QB-3 today so far.

LB: I had the "official" provocation-network. No 2fer yet today, despite many good words.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM with iota as my final word.

I am so mad about LB! I had zombie and kept trying zombiefied.  Never tried it without that middle e.  Dangit!!!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word atilt. After going in circles with 3fers, finally went for a hint to get zombified-drunk. Gah. Is that a word?

Anyway, happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

It was a busy day yesterday, but finally got my last words with 2LL help: atilt, loyally, laity. QBABM today!

LB: No 2fer yesterday! I had modernized, feminized, and others I can't remember, but zombified never occurred to me (although I did see zombie). Today I found a 2fer fairly quickly.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Two pangrams and above genius. Last word yesterday was lava.

My brain's been in a muddle ever since I got back from my short trip. On Monday I was convinced that it was Halloween, and was surprised to see no activity on the street or my doorbell. DST does not bode well this year.

ab_grp

Cathwen, congrats on your QBABY and 2fer!

I also managed to get a 2fer today, but I have 4 words left on the bee.

Langue_doc, sorry to hear about your calendar woes! I hope the time change goes more smoothly than you expect.  It is always an adjustment.