News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB to remember headland, hennaed, peahen. LB freakish-hangdog.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. QB yesterday--last words were head, headed.

ab_grp, hope your CPAP is behaving!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, but today is a little slower. Last word yesterday was aleph.

LB: I also had freakish-hangdog. I have one today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got to QB-2 but got no help from husband, and we needed help from bee buddy for daphne, headland.  Not sure I will ever get those two.  Congrats on your QBs, Langue_doc and cathwen!

For LB I also got freakish-hangdog.

Langue_doc, thanks! I am focusing on at least just using it each night and seem to be able to get through at least a sleep cycle.  Hopefully seeing some improvements and getting more comfortable over time will extend the usage time.  I also have to try the new masks.  It's definitely an adjustment.  At least I've got a good compromise for now that lets me use it but also get some sleep.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. QB yesterday--last word was tock.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for callalo, cloak, cocci. I finally got to LB later in the day and the screen was white, not salmon colored! Gah. Anyway got a hint for chopsticks-savage.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with cloak, toccata.  Usually get both of those.  Congrats on QB, Langue_doc!

Argh about LB again! I had chapstick(s) and savage.  Could apparently not make the leap with the first word.  Ugh!!

Ciao_yall, I noticed that my LB screen was white this morning! And now the letters change from black to red when I use them.  Hmm!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with help from my Bee list to find callaloo, toolkit. Then I had one word left—and it came to me while I was making the bed. Cockatoo! Funny how that sometimes happens. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, but missing a 4L word that I just can't get. Four letters! It should be obvious.

LB: I had vestiges-spatchcock. I had just been reading an article about spatchcocking a turkey, so I guess the word was in my mind. No 2fer yet today, despite some good candidates.

I have not had any color changes in my LB screen—I wonder what's going on?

Anyway—happy puzzling!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Oh dang! I also had vestige(s).  Congrats, cathwen! And the color hasn't changed on my computer, just on my phone, both on the web and in the app.  The whole page is white, but the square is a really light pink, almost too light to see.  The loading screen (where it says "Letter Boxed" and "Create words using letters around the square.") is still that salmon color.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. I just realized that I never got back to the bee after posting here yesterday.

Twofer, but have to look up the words.

Bird walk today, after several cancellations.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 1L help to find julienne and lieu (last word). Today I am beyond genius with the pangram (which took me a while to find).

LB: No 2fer yesterday! I had aquatics, but did not see shrewd. I do have a 2fer today, though.

Langue_doc, enjoy your bird walk! Finally, a nice weekend!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius so far with pangram, but I'm not sure where the remaining words are.  Yesterday I got to QBABM with lieu as final word.

No luck on LB again.  Congrats on yours today, cathwen! And on yours, Langue_doc!

And I hope you enjoy your bird walk and nice weather, Langue_doc! We had a variety of birds this morning.  The past couple days we have been visited by a very chatty ruby-crowned kinglet.

I woke up to the scent of lima bean soup cooking in the crockpot! Husband decided to make some, especially since I love it and have never gotten around to making it.  Now bacon has also been cooked, so the house smells pretty darned good, and I am ready for breakfast, even if it's just cereal and fruit.  It's warmed up a bit from a few days ago, but it's still chilly enough that some soup for lunch sounds good!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for venule, julienne. After being quite proud of a 2fer b4ss quadratic-chews, got a nudge to realize I was already pretty close and found acquatics-shrewd.

GwP and 2fer this morning. Let's see what the day brings.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning (or afternoon depending on whether or not you're happy about he time change)!

QB today and yesterday. Last word was kibble, which I tried out of desperation, convinced that it was a brand name for cat or dog food.

homelike/extras, and squad/ditchwater the day before

Happy solving, and happy adjusting to the sun setting before dinnertime!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word belie. LB elixirs-shotmaker.

Happy solving!