News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far (plus a bit).  Yesterday I got to QB-2 but needed help from husband for booboo (suddenly?) and bee buddy for biome.

For LB after I finally saw the first word I got milkshake-exterior.  Congrats, ciao_yall and Langue_doc!

And congrats on QB already, Langue_doc! I hope that means that you are adjusting to the time difference better than you expected to, though I know it can take a while to work through the kinks.  It was nice to have the sun up when I woke up this morning, but the dark afternoon is not something I'm looking forward to.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBw1LH yesterday for the last words, bookie and immobile. Today I'm at genius with both pangrams, but a little way to go to QB. Congratulations, Langue_doc, on QB already!

LB: I had homelike-extras, then milkshake-extort. No 2fer so far today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

I think I have just one word left. I hate the repetitive ones; the puzzle setters must be too lazy to come up with other letters.

Last word was tonging, which I didn't think was a word, but tried it just in case.

embryos/sulpha

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for tonight. /facepalm. LB shlump-paperboy, hop-presumably.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to past genius with all the pangrams so far.  Good luck, Langue_doc! Yesterday we almost had team QB (I was also missing tonight) but needed bee buddy help for idiot, appropriately.

No luck on LB despite a lot of trying.  Congrats, Langue_doc and ciao_yall (x2)!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with SBB help to find dhoti. Today I'm at genius with all four pangrams, four words to go.

LB: I had really goofy words: superboys-shambly. My hat is off to those who found more sensible solutions. I have a sensible solution today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word haute. LB got a hint for playwright-tux.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to past genius so far.  Yesterday I almost made it to QB but couldn't find haute, which we needed bee buddy for. 

No luck on LB.  I couldn't see anything besides luxury.  Too many letters left over! Hopefully today will be different.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBw1LH to find my last words, deadhead/ed. I always seem to miss that one! Today I got to QB, albeit with a little nudge from SBB for my last word.

LB: I had the "official" playwright-tux. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB. Missed ethane yesterday.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram. Last word yesterday was motet.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 1LH to find the last word, mentee, which I often miss. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, but I have a good way to go to QB.

LB: I had the "official" meadow-wrathful. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM! Last word motet. LB meadow-worthful which I thought I made up but hey, it took.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I also got to QBABM with last word monte.

And I also had meadow-wrathful for LB!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Above genius, but no pangram. Last word yesterday was the pangram--go figure!

compliance/every, provincial/lamprey

Happy solving!