News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for bicyclic which I thought I tried? And cicely was a wild guess. LB complainer-rivalry.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed bee buddy for cicely, which I don't think we will ever find on our own.

No luck on LB again.  Congrats Langue_doc (x2!) and ciao_yall!

I had calls with friends/mentors yesterday afternoon and this morning and actually applied for a job yesterday so have been busy but am looking forward to (hopefully) more puzzle time today.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

QB yesterday, but not without help. Last word, which I probably never would have gotten on my own, was cicely. QB today.

LB: I had overlap-pyromanic. Congratulations on two different ones, Langue_doc!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word yesterday was, once again, the pangram.

jurisprudent/tax

Sending good wishes for the job application, ab_grp!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I am at QB-3 with pangram so am crossing my fingers.  Yesterday I almost got to QBABM but needed help on nucleon.  Dang it! Husband got to QBABH.  He has also been struggling with the pangrams recently.

I also had jurisprudent-tax!

Thank you very much about the job, Langue_doc! I haven't really done this in a very long time, though I have been on the other end of it, so it's quite daunting.  I figure it will be good to get some practice, in any case.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for uncool. LB got a nudge for jurisprudent-tax but a quick 6-9 this morning.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

Like ab_grp, I was at QB-1 but needed a 1L nudge for nucleon, my last word.  Today I got to QBABM!

LB: I also had jurisprudent-tax. I have a 2fer today also.

Good luck with the job application, ab_grp!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG to try alack. I was thinking about it but guess I didn't think it was a word until I tried it. LB shouts-scrimping.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday! Last word was alack. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, but have a good many words to go. I think that SBB may be in my future.

LB: I had grunts-sophomoric. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I'm past genius with pangram so far but still have something like 7 words left.  Yesterday I also got to QBABM with last word haka, which was sort of a faintly remembered guess.  That last word took me most of the day.

For LB I got cost-triumphing.  Congrats on all the solutions!

And thanks for the good wishes, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius. Last words were hake, haka, both of which I found by arranging and rearranging the letters.

chimp/posturing

We had gorgeous weather with the right temperatures for our walk this morning. I've led walks here before, but today's seemed special, due to a combination of the participants' attitudes, the location, and the weather. I might not get to scheduling walks until some time in Spring, so today's event was a treat for me too.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word loonie. LB got a nudge for viewpoint-truly.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB also—last word negligee. Today I'm at QB-3.

LB: I found the "official" viewpoint-truly. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we also needed bee buddy for loonie.

No luck on LB! Congrats, ciao_yall and cathwen!

Langue_doc, it sounds like a fabulous outing all around! Glad you got to enjoy it.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB yesterday and today, but needed BB for loonie and google for noogie.

Happy solving!