News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

At genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I finally got the pangram on my own! We almost had team QB but needed bee buddy for nonce.

After lutz being the only z word I could find all day, I finally thought of klutz and managed to figure out soundtrack from the remaining letters (after first being sad that all I could come up with was soundrack, geez). 

I'm glad you had a good outing, Langue_doc, even if not too many birds showed themselves.  Not getting up at the crack of dawn sounds like a great idea to me!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Found the pangram right away, and then it was a slog to get to genius. Last word yesterday was neocon.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. Needed BB for highchair.

autograph/highlife, grapefruit/telephoto

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for paragraph. Gah. LB fraugh-heliotrope which I thought I made up. Turns out fraugh is a mild oath from the 16th century.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I also needed help to find highchair yesterday. Today I'm at QB-2 and utterly befuddled.

LB: I had grapefruit-teleport. It might be kind of fun to teleport grapefruit! Ciao-yall, I think I'm going to add fraugh to my vocabulary.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed bee buddy help for carpi.  I guess trying capri all day didn't job anything.

No luck on LB.  Congrats on all the solutions! I am sure I will have an occasion to use fraugh this holiday!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

Don't recall last word, but did make it to genius yesterday.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw2LLH yesterday to find gnat, gavage, and gadget, my last word. Today I'm at genius with both pangrams.

LB: I had objectifier-raphe, a word tried in desperation that took. It is "a groove, ridge, or seam on an organ tissue." I found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB-1 then got distracted. Was missing gadget. The streak ends! LB fajita-acrophobe.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but just one pangram so far.  Husband has both.  Yesterday we had team QB, and I was missing gavage, vegged.

No luck on LB.  Congrats on your solutions (and on another new word, cathwen!).

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Happy Thanksgiving!

But not to the folks at the NYT Spelling Bee section, because today of all days is the day chosen for one of the most timeconsuming puzzles ever. I guess they think we're all eating at restaurants!

Sending good wishes for happy company, conversation, and consumables.

Amazing, I think with 2 pangrams. QB yesterday with BB.

geometric/compound

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our plans got cancelled - host's houseguest got COVID but that's fine - gives us more time to prepare for our big party tomorrow.

QBw2LL, last word noonday. LB geometric-compound.

Still slogging through the Bee but have a 2fer already.

Thankful for our little corner of the internet that I enjoy with coffee every morning!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I'm at 5 pangrams and past genius so far.  I agree, Langue_doc, strange day to make such a gigantic puzzle.  But at least the usually tricky Thursday crossword was easier than usual.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed help for rani, which I thought I had tried.

No luck on LB again! Congrats on your solutions! And congrats on one today, ciao_yall! Sorry to hear about today's plans.

I was thinking that the Merlin app should be hilarious and put a turkey in the heard birds list for everyone in the US today.  Maybe I am the only who would find that hilarious.

We had lunch with youngest and partner yesterday, meeting the latter for the first time.  She seems very nice and likes to cook, so that is an interesting pairing.  They will be coming for dinner tomorrow night and Saturday night.  Today we are having our own Thanksgiving dinner with Cornish game hens, stuffing, and bagna cauda brussels.  And wine, of course! Can't wait. 

I am so thankful for all of you as well and look forward to visiting here every day.  :-)

Happy Thanksgiving, and happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Actually, it was fine. Got ahead of cleaning and preparing for today's party. Except after carving my turkey there wasn't as much meat as I expected. Tempted to pop out and roast yet another turkey breast so there is plenty for sandwiches. But husband will kill me - he's already annoyed because he thinks I bought too much tonic water.

QBwH for panacea - gah. LB guarantors-smokey.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I'm at QB-1 right now.  I hope to get the final word, but our dinner guests arrive at 5, and I'm not sure if we'll have time to compare and etc.  We'll see.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed help for epicene.

No luck on LB.  Congrats, ciao_yall! Good luck with your party!

Happy solving!