News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (first word) and above genius. Needed help for loach which I've seen before and also for the spelling of the Irish stew, which seems to be a hit or miss with me.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB to find colcannon and callaloo, my last word. I got loach purely by accident. Ab_grp, congratulations on making QBABY yesterday! Today I'm above genius with the pangram.

LB: I had drawbacks-spirito (I was surprised when that was accepted) and backward-disport. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for canyon, colcannon which I always miss. LB got a hint for tripod-drawbacks because I had plenty of 3fers but oh well.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I think I am at QB-2 today with pangram.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed help for a bunch of easy words: achy, canon, cannon, canyon, calla, cancan.  Who knows.  And thanks for the QBABM props from the other day, cathwen!

For LB I had tripod-drawbacks.

Had to switch schedule around this morning for a meeting, and it is really screwing me up! Hopefully the afternoon will be more typical. 

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got to QBABM and a 2fer!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last word yesterday was yuan.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last words annulary, annularly. Got a nudge on LB for tchotcke-epigram.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I think my final two for QBABM were ulna(r).

For LB I got the schmofficial artichoke-epigram

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Last words yesterday were unduly and unruly. Today I'm beyond genius with the pangram.

Ab_grp, congratulations on your QBABY!!

No 2fer for me yesterday, and none yet today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (first word) and well above genius.

Don't remember the last word, but do recall that I got all the v-initial words without any difficulty.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwATHICG for biennia. LB conquest-trawl.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 2LL help to find my last word, baleen. I had been trying the French spelling, baleine, without success. Today I'm beyond genius with the pangram.

LB: I had cowtowns-squealer.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we got to team QB, but I was missing beanball, elan.  Oh well! Thanks for the previous congrats, cathwen! I always feel so lucky when I do get there.

For LB I got crownlets-squeal.  Quite a variety again! Congrats on your solutions!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Don't recall last words from yesterday's puzzle as I found them all without much agonizing.

bailouts/squirmy

Heard about the passing of one of my outdoors compatriots. The person was too young to die. We're all still absorbing the news.

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for anemia. LB balots-squirmy, quarts-symbolism. I thought I made up balots, it wasn't in the dictionary so I googled it. Ew. Don't.

Langue_doc, so sorry. May their memory be a blessing and a source of comfort to you.