News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Wishing you both good luck with returning-home tasks and adjustments! Always more laundry and groceries. 

Langue_doc, it was just a follow up because I was a little under the range, trying to see if adding more spinach or beef back to the diet would help (since we have been eating fish every night for so long and usually chicken for lunch).  Everything else is in range, and there are several reasons for low RBC.  I guess it's good it didn't go down significantly, but I am guessing my friendly doctor will want more tests, and I'm guessing they won't be tests I will be that interested in having done.  Who knows, who cares (toss)?! I like that perspective! I will try not to worry more about it until my appointment later next week. 

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Didn't bother to check missing words from yesterday's bee.

Hope your doctor's appointment goes well, ab_grp, and he/she has a wait-and-see attitude if the RBC count isn't too alarming.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwlotsofH yesterday; last word uvea. Today I am above genius with the pangram and only two words to go. It always irks me when the remaining words are only four letters and I just can't find them.

LB: Nothing yesterday again, but I found a 2fer fairly quickly today.

Ab_grp, I hope that all goes well at your doctor's appointment next week.

Langue_doc, thanks for the wave, even though I was not there! Also, I thought of you on our way to/from JFK.

I'm in the throes of post-vacation stuff: laundry (mostly yesterday, continuing today) and grocery shopping. A large spider has taken up residence in the bathroom, but it is only a harmless cellar spider and it spends most of its time behind the toilet, so I am not concerned. It is probably annoyed that it no longer has the space to itself.

Anyway—happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG yesterday - last word lavage. And after a long day of 3fers and 2fer b4ss I went for hints to get the strange cafeteria-aqualung. What?

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Been going for hints the last few days - LB has been tough! But got a 2fer today so all is getting better.

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with the pangram so far.  Congrats on QBABY, Langue_doc! And good luck with your final 2, cathwen.  Yesterday I ran out of time and needed help with a few of the easier words (naturally), and we both needed bee buddy help with lallygag

I am mad at myself about LB.  I got aqualung and just could not see a mate.  I had a bunch of good contenders in addition to that and couldn't find mates for them, either.  Today I am almost sure I have one of the words, and I have not found a mate yet.  Argh! Congrats, cathwen!

Thanks for the good wishes for the dr visit!

Cathwen, I would personally not enjoy a spider being somewhere in the bathroom, especially by the toilet.  Good luck with that situation!

Happy solving!

ETA: Congrats on your 2fer as well, ciao_yall!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with help for hiya (another word I didn't think was a word) and my last word, neap, which I could swear I had already entered. Guess not! Today I'm past genius with the pangram, but I have a good many words to go.

LB: I had claimed-driveways. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I got the pangram immediately but am not at genius yet! Yesterday got QBABM with last word hiya, which I agree is not a word.

For LB I brute forced crimewaves-slayed after finding the first word early on and being absolutely certain it was part of the schmofficial solution.  Guess not! Congrats, cathwen! And on another today! Some brutal letters in there.  I have a contender that seems reasonable but nothing yet.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM yesterday with last word hiya which was a wild guess. LB claimed-driveways.

Today is a wierd QB - already at QB-4 but almost all my words are unusual bee specials. Did get a quick 2fer.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Found the pangram quite easily, but then I had to plow my way to genius before going on a bird walk.

Remembered hiya from an earlier puzzle.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I finally got to genius and got a 2fer! Whew.  I would be surprised if I get much further on the bee.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Three pangrams and 330+ points so far. Never did get back to the bee yesterday.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I needed help to find croci, carioca, ricin, and arnica, my last word. Today I have two of the three pangrams and nine words to go.

LB: I had the "official" who-objectively. No 2fer yet today!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word razz. LB who-objectively.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to a bit past genius so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for carioca, czar(ina), ocarina.  Tough puzzle!

Got cut off.  As I was saying, I also got the schmofficial 2fer. 

Happy solving and Happy New Year's Eve! Hope everyone has fun celebrating if they choose to do so!