News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Happy New Year!

Pangram and 160+ points. Made it to QB yesterday.

Off to a bird walk.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and a new word oddment. Nudge for lamplight-trifold.

Off to a walk with a friend to check out the super waves.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon and Happy New Year!

I ran out of time yesterday and got help for a number of words; last one moue. I got to QB today with help for the last word.

LB: No 2fer yesterday, but I found one today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good afternoon!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for a couple words, including duodenum, oddment, odeum.  Congrats on QB, Langue_doc! Wow!

No luck on LB yesterday.  I have a good lead today, I think.  Congrats, cathwen!

I guess I ran out of time on a lot of puzzles yesterday despite there sort of being extra time in the day. I was really focused on trying to clean and organize.  More to do today! I'm a little less energetic after being up past midnight for the first time in who knows how long.

Happy solving and Happy New Year!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--the pangram was hard to spot.

QB yesterday; remembered the alternates for hooray and myna, and found hymnary by sheer luck.

banditos/squirm (I think)

QuoteI'm a little less energetic after being up past midnight for the first time in who knows how long.
Hope you're caught up, ab_grp. My New Year resolution is to go to bed before midnight, but that didn't happen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word mayor. LB got a nudge for banditos-squirm.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find hymnary, my last word. Today I am at genius with the pangram. Two words to go, but I just don't see them.

LB: I had ambitions-squadron/ambitious-squadron. I found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with the pangram, but I feel like I keep running into a wall these days! How could there be that many more words left?! Yesterday we needed bee buddy for hymnary

No 2fer yesterday, though I had squadron as a contender.  Congrats on your solutions! I have one today, at least.

Langue_doc, thanks! I am working on catching up (and am doing better than yesterday), but it is not going to be fun adjusting to earlier waking up in a few days when husband goes back in to working on site.  Congrats on both your QBs! Sorry you did not get to bed before midnight.  I think you get several days to work in to resolutions!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB just when I was about to give up. Last words yesterday were bowwow and powwow.

exclaimed/dough (I think--didn't write down the words)

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word bowwow. And isn't powwow kind of an offensive term? I was surprised to see it in there. LB exclaimed-dough.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for last word, lollop, which I always seem to miss. Ciao_yall, I also was surprised by powwow, as I too thought it was now considered offensive (at least as used by non-Native Americans).

Today I got to QBABM! It's been a while.

LB: I had exclaimed-dough. No luck today, yet.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen! It feels especially good when it has been a while.  And congrats to you as well, Langue_doc! Yesterday we needed bee buddy for bebop, lipo.

For LB I had the schmofficial climaxed-dough.  I am so close today but ran into a b4ss issue.  Dang it! I hope to prevail.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and then a slow crawl up to genius. I keep seeing words with c in them. Last words yesterday were chance, change.

brainwaves/soaking

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL last word ganache. LB hints for brainwaves-soaking, overbaking-gnaws. Darn compounds.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Still not at genius, but I have the pangram.  Husband is back to the office, and I have a meeting shortly, so we didn't have as long for puzzling.  Yesterday I got to QBABM, which I almost forgot about.  I think my final words were chancel, lech.

No luck on LB despite some great contenders that left very few letters.  Argh! Congrats on your solutions! I had some of the components but didn't find mates for them.

Happy solving!