News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I was busy with work and needed more help, but I think there were a bunch of un-s among them.

I had forthwith-handful (schmofficial) yesterday.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB, with a 1L hint for the last word, notion. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, but have a good way to go.

LB: I had the "official" forthwith-handful. No solution yet today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and then, finally, genius.

Last werd was exacta, which I found by mistyping/retyping exacted.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word tacet. LB blueprint-thaw.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram.  Yesterday I got to QBABM! Last word was exacta, which I was excited about because I think I pretty much never get that one.  Not that it's that exotic.  I don't know what the issue is.  Anyway, got it this time.

And I also got the schmofficial blueprint-thaw.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday, last word also exacta. QB today also, albeit with a nudge from SBB for the last two words.

LB: No solution yesterday, nor today so far. Congratulations to those who got it!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for burgoo. LB hints and learned a few new words - variform-mensch, naviform-mischief.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

QBwH for burgoo and froufrou. Today I'm at genius with five of the six (!) pangrams.

LB: No luck yesterday, but I have one today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius plus a bit also with 5/6 pangrams.  Geez.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed bee buddy for froufrou.  I also needed help with loll?! But I got burgoo! Finally! I was quite excited for myself.  ;-)

No luck on LB.  Those were tough answers!

The past morning or two, we've had some really chatty lesser goldfinches keeping us company during puzzle time.  I know they're not exotic birds, but they make me happy.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB with all six pangrams. Missed burgoo.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got the 6th pangram and a 2fer.  Congrats on QB, Langue_doc! I still have a bit to go for that, somehow.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangram.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed help for domain.  Husband was there on his own, as I needed a few more words than that! We had gotten busy making a special dinner, but I guess I can't blame it on that since he still did so well.

For LB I had prizeable-equator.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwATHICG for diatom. LB prizeable-equator, prioritize-equatable.

A few quick 2fers this morning.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

Like ab_grp, I had QB yesterday with domain as my last word. Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: I had prizeable-equator. Found a quick 2fer this morning, will look for more—congratulations on finding several, ciao_yall!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and genius. Last word was timid.

prioritize/equable

Sunny day today. Went birding and stood in one spot for almost half an hour listening to the continuous bird songs all around me.

Happy solving!