News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday was busy, as Middle Daughter and Grandson are visiting. I finally went to SBB for the final few words: baaed, bedaub/ed, bandeau, unban/ned. Genius and pangram today.

LB: No solution yesterday. None yet today—congratulations on your quick 2fer, Langue_doc! I am still struggling.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius and pangram. Last word was droll.

cockroach/humiliation--what a combo!

Enjoy your time with daughter and grandson, cathwen.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for wallaroo, which I should have remembered from a previous puzzle. QB today.

LB: After much frustration, I looked at a hint and finally found cockroach-humiliation. Today, though, I found a 2fer right off the bat.

The visit with Daughter and Grandson was great. They brought some games to play which had us laughing in no time (Poetry for Neanderthals, and one whose name I can't remember). And we went to a state park on the shoreline; Daughter was thrilled to see a great blue heron and an egret. Lots of good conversation, too. I just wish they had been able to stay longer!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for dorado, wallaroo. LB went for hints to get cockroach-humiliation.

Today, QB-1 ABM already and a quick 2fer.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB, and I needed help again with wallaroo.  That word is not on my nice list.

No luck on LB again yesterday, so congrats on your solutions! I also got one on the first try today, though.  I wish that averaged out somehow.

Sounds like a great and fun-filled visit with your daughter and grandson, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB and a twofer as soon as I looked at the puzzle.

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, last words voguing and cooing.. ("Voguing"? I had to look it up. Apparently it is a kind of dance that mimics models on a catwalk.) Today I'm at genius with both pangrams.

LB: I had amaze-exquisitely. I have a 2fer today, but it took a good while to find it. Congratulations on finding one right away, Langue_doc!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and just squeaked into genius. Last words were gonging and nonunion. Didn't think that either of these were legit, but tried them just in case.

maze/exquisitely--found the latter first, and then saw that the remaining letters resulted in the former.

The days are getting longer, but DST starts in a couple of weeks so my sleep's going to be shot.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB ABM! Last word nuncio. LB maze-exquisitely. Stuck at the moment at Amazing but did get a 2fer.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram.  Kind of a slog so far! Yesterday we needed bee buddy for nonunion (I really detest non- words at this point), but I actually got nuncio for once! Sounds like everyone else got to QBABY, so good going.

Same LB as everyone else.  Right away I saw exquisitely and was thrilled to immediately be able to make a mate.  Whew.

Cathwen, do you know the Madonna song Vogue? Come on, vogue... let your body move to the music... hey hey hey! hah  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJQSAiODqI

I have a friend chat this afternoon and have been busy this morning, so we'll see if I get anywhere further.  We finally took the tree down and did a bunch of little things that needed to be done (air and water filters, laundry).  Yesterday we did a lot of adulting and got a lot of errands accomplished.  Exciting times! Oh yeah, one of the things that needed doing yesterday was that our front door stopped opening from the outside! Something broke in the door handleset, so we had to run out to Home Depot.  Husband was able to install the new one, thankfully.  It made us take a look at what spare keys we had, at least.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Missed griot, groat, loggia, and otalgia. I might have found the first three if I had persisted, but most definitely not the last one. I wonder if any of us complains to the doctor that we are suffering from otalgia instead of just pain in the ear!

ab_grp, hope all your doors and locks work now.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB for attagirl, galoot, gotta, and otalgia. Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: I had the "official" fashionista-album.

Ab_grp, I guess I'm out of date by several decades, as I had not heard Madonna's Vogue. Or if I had, it did not lodge in my memory cells. I am now enlightened!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not quite to genius yet, but I do have the pangram.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for otalgia, griot.  I got logroll this time, though!

I also got fashionista-album.

Langue_doc, thanks! It is a relief not to have to plan this whole thing of how to get in, or if the door mysteriously slams shut behind me and locks me out, should I dance around in front of the video doorbell? I'd rather not! We also finally took our Christmas tree down.  I think we got to April one year, so not too bad. 

Cathwen, I'm glad to (re-?)introduce you to that song and video! It's pretty iconic.  Now you, too, can vogue! ;-)

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwATHICG and learned a new word, otalgia. LB fashionista-album.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last words were biradial, drool.

yarmulke/epiphany (reversed order also works)

Happy solving!