News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius plus but no pangram so far.  Yesterday I did eventually get the second pangram, and we almost made it to team QB, but we needed bee buddy help for hamachi despite having just ordered sushi for lunch. :-(

No luck on LB! Congrats!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB. QB yesterday with help from BB for hamachi.

Gorgeous weather yesterday for the outdoors concert I was volunteering at. The finale was Handel's Water Music.

Had a therapy session this morning. It felt so good to feel the right stretches while doing the exercises, and also having the therapist massage my back and then do the stretches on my legs.

Happy solving, and a long and leirsurely weekend.

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB2wLL, last words included dhoti. LB macho-overblown.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

QBwH yesterday, last word dhoti. Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: I also had macho-overblown. No luck yet today.

Langue_doc, your therapy session sounded very relaxing!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB. QB yesterday, but took me quite a while to find nationhood.

Staying home as I don't want to deal with crowds, road traffic or the subways.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday it took me forever to find the pangram, but then I did eventually get to QBABM! I kept thinking of dhoti but couldn't figure out how to spell it and tried several variations throughout the day.  I had almost convinced myself that it was not a word and then finally happened upon the correct spelling.  Whew. 

For LB I had the schmoffical macho-overblown as well.

Sounds like a nice concert and therapy session, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. QB yesterday, with lady and landlady rounding up the list.

foxtail/larkspur

Twofer today as well.

Rain and thunderstorms forcast for today, so it's a lazy reading day.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM today; QB yesterday with cabbie as my last word.

LB: No solution yesterday. Congratulations, Langue_doc, on yours!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for cabbie, of all words. LB foxtails-spruik which I thought I made up but turns out it's a real word. Means to talk at length/schpiel.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Almost to QB with pangram so far.  Husband got QBABH already.  Yesterday we ended up with team QB.  I needed biblical, celli.

No luck on LB.  Congrats on your solutions! I have definitely never heard of spruik but will try to keep it in mind for the future.

Sorry for the weather, but enjoy your lazy reading day, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM, last word hiya. LB hydrometer-riband. Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet.

Just realized that the words I included in my post yesterday were from the current puzzle--my bad!

birthday/yeoman (I think)

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM! Last word was hiya.  Langue_doc, I didn't even notice that you posted words from the day of.  Usually I just look to see if people had problems with the same words I did.

I also had hydrometer-riband yesterday! I guessed the latter but was glad to finally find a mate after lots of attempts with this and other words.  Congrats on your solution, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday for me as well! Last word hiya. Genius with pangram today, only two words to go, but they're eluding me.

LB: I had birthday-yeoman.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Didn't get back to the bee after posting here yesterday.

Happy solving!