News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram today, only a few words to go. Yesterday I got to QB-1 and needed help for the last word, nankeen.

LB: winkler-recapture. A winkler, or periwinkler, is one who collects periwinkles. Who knew! (Well, I didn't.)

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

cathwen and I were in a parallel universe! QBwH for nankeen, LB winkler-recapture.

I did see periwinkle but then saw recapture and the rest is history.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to somewhere past genius with the pangram so far.  Yesterday husband got to QBABH again, and I needed help with nankeen, ahem, hence.

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for geoid. LB graceful-loving, loving-graceful.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed bee buddy for geoid.

For LB I had volcanic-configure.  I got lucky and found it on my first try.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Geoid was also my last word yesterday, found with SBB. Today I got to QBABM!

LB: Lots of solutions this time! Mine was revengeful-laconic.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon/Evening!

Pangram and above genius. Didn't get back to the bee yesterday after posting here.

graceful/loving, and also the same pair with the words reversed.

Wordle archive now lets you play all the puzzles since June 2021.

It's never a dull trip here in the city. I have to drive to a not-so-near subway station to go anywhere, but have to wait until the end of street cleaning--11 AM-- on alternate sides of the street to park nearby. Most people get there 20-25 minutes before 11, and the not-so-brave individuals sit in their cars until 11 AM. A large SUV pulled up a few minutes after I had parked, and couldn't figure out how to park on the left side of the street. This is an ESL neighborhood, so the conversations can be quite entertaining. Helpful person with an accent standing on the sidewalk decided to help, so asked me to pull up, and told me when and where to stop. Then I heard him direct the SUV driver who had an entirely differnt accent to pull alongside, and turn the wheel and back up so that she could pull in behind me. It took her three attempts, with the helpful person finally reaching inside her window to turn the steering wheel so that she could park.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. QB yesterday, with outgo as the last word. Found outgoing earlier on, but didn't think that outgo was legit.

zebu/unthinkably

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB-1 ABM, then needed to the 2LL to realize I was missing tugging. LB yuzu-unthinkable.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, last word gouging. I have slogged my way to genius with both pangrams so far.

LB: yuzu-unthinkable. No 2fer yet today, despite some good words.

Langue_doc, your description of the "car ballet" (as my husband used to call it) made me smile. The different accents brought me back to my classes in NY, which could have constituted a mini-UN. (I taught in one of the boroughs.)

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM as well! Final words were nonunion, tutu.  Finally got that first one! I always seem to miss it.

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

I noticed yesterday that I only had an 11-day streak.  Apparently I just totally didn't even attempt Sun May 19.  I have no idea why.  It wasn't a huge bee day, though I guess I got to QBABM since this thread is like a puzzle diary.  Well, no big deal! It's just weird to forget the crossword.  I've definitely forgotten to finish it or have forgotten Wordle entirely, though.

Happy solving! 

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. QB yesterday, last words were boar and tabor.

cavalries/squirty, critiques/slavey

Twofer today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word avatar. LB claves-squirty.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and past genius so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy help for arborio.

No luck on LB.  Congrats on all your solutions!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

QB yesterday with 2L help to find biota and tibia (!!), my last word. QB today, but not ABM.

LB: I had rivulets-sequacity, which I did not think was a word—I was just throwing letters together. I do have a much more sensible 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!