News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangram so far.  Congrats on all your successes at the bee yesterday! We actually ended up having team QB despite both missing a few words.  I think I needed lamina(l), liminal, mailman, militant, militiaman, plaint, and hopefully that's it.  Things have just been busy, and I really couldn't see any words yesterday!

And congrats on your 2fers! No luck for me.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. Last word yesterday was penne.

hotdogs/sublime

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word peke. LB hotdogs-sublime.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for last word, pinkie. Genius with all four pangrams today.

LB: goldbugs-smithed. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and somewhere past genius.  Yesterday I got to QBABM, last word pinkie.

No luck on LB.  Congrats on your solutions!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word acyclic. LB divisibility-young.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius and finally got the pangram.  Yesterday we were both ill, husband more than me.  Still, we almost got to team QB.  We needed bee buddy help for catalytical, riyal, tactility.

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Past genius today with the pangram. Yesterday I needed help for riyal and tactility.

LB: divisibility-young. No solution yet today.

I hope you and your husband are feeling better today, ab_grp!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Above genius, but no pangram. Didn't get back to the bee yesterday, so missed a few words including criticality, tactility and a couple more. I was surprised that cyclicity wasn't accepted.

I think I have bronchitis--have been diagnosing myself through Google. If I have enough energy, I might get to one of the CityMDs this weekend just to get an Xray. Fortunately, no medication seems to be needed other than cough suppressants, so I won't have to go up and down more steps from a subway stop to get to a pharmacy.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for canyon /facepalm. LB jug-gobsmacked.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QBABM! This was after husband announced that he only had one word to go.  I was spurred into action.  ;-) He got to QBABH shortly after.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I think I needed achy, canna.

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

Thanks, cathwen! We are feeling better.  Husband got the worse of it.  We both had stomach issues, but he also had a (lowgrade) fever and chills.  He ended up coming home from work not too far into Thurs morning, was pretty bad that night, but was a lot better yesterday.  Today I think he is nearly 100%. 

Langue_doc, I hope you feel better soon!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

QB yesterday; canyon was also my last word, found with 2LL help. But QBABM today!

LB: jug-gobsmacked.

Langue_doc, I hope you're feeling a little better! Bronchitis is no fun. Ab_grp, glad to hear that you are both on the mend.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB. QB yesterday--found the pangram just when I was about to give up.

Easy twofer today.

Thanks, ab_grp and cathwen. I had my lungs checked, and was relieved to hear from the doctor that the airways are clear, so no bronchitis. She attributed the symptoms to allergies. I do have allergies, but these symptoms are new. Anyway, I was dreading the bronchitis diagnosis, so can't complain.

ab_grp, glad to hear that you're both feeling better. Sounds like a 24-hour bug. Hope you're both back to normal soon.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word ganache. LB needed a nudge for lacquer-rhizome. I found lacquer early on and thought "rheostat would have made a great word." Gah.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday! Last word ganache. Today I'm at genius with the pangrams.

LB: lacquer-rhizome.

Glad that everyone is on the mend—and that you do not have bronchitis, Langue_doc.

Happy puzzling!