News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Last words yesterday were hedge, hedged.

lacquer/rhizome--saw the latter right away, and then managed to find the first word.

Twofer today--a bit convoluted, so might not be the NYT solution.

Thanks, cathwen.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

I have the pangrams and am past genius so far.  Just a couple words to go.  We'll see! Yesterday my final word was chad.

Ugh, I thought of several words like lacquer but not that one.  And I just don't think rhizome would have occurred to me.

Langue_doc, I'm glad you don't have bronchitis! I know we are in totally different areas of the country, but allergies seem particularly bad right now out here, also.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. I have 176 points on the computer, but only 136 on both the kindle and the phone. Tried restarting the kindle, but the points remain stuck--neither device seems to recognize the words I entered on the computer.

QB yesterday, with wean and weaning completing the list.

flies/superwomen

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word wigwagging. LB needed a nudge for flies-superwomen. Saw supermen but then didn't go much farther down that path.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM! Final word was gewgaw.

No luck on LB.  I saw women but somehow couldn't find any thing to compound with it.  Congrats!

Langue_doc, I hope your tech ends up in sync (with all the words you had in there)!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday for wanna and gewgaw, my last word. I kept misspelling it. Today I'm at genius with the pangram with several words left.

LB: I had monopolies-superflow.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for bocci, boogaloo. LB dubious-scrawnier.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM! Final word boob.  Ugh!

No luck on LB despite a lot of tries.  Congrats!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB this morning! QB yesterday with help from SBB to find collab, my last word.

LB: indecorous-swab.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--short and sweet one today. QB yesterday, last word biologic--didn't think this was a word. I too had trouble with gewgaw, which I finally got correct after trying numerous spelling variations.

onwards/subscribe

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I just got to QBABM, too!

You all got quite a few different solutions to LB! And I don't think any of the words I tried appear in any of them!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM here as well. Last word mete. LB javelin-naughty.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Above genius, but no pangram yet. Last words yesterday were item, itemize.

javelin/naughty--couldn't find a mate for juvenile.

ab_grp, don't you just love it when there are multiple solutions!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM for me as well yesterday—last word melee. Genius with pangram today, only a few words to go.

LB: I also had javelin-naughty.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius, but no pangram yet.  I have some ideas that I hope will pan out.  Yesterday I got to QBABM with final word itemize.

I also had javelin-naughty and also tried juvenile!

Happy solving!