News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and genius so far. Last word yesterday was nonvalid--found vindaloo much earlier because just a couple of days ago, I started trying to locate the recipe that was in either the Pierre Franey or Craig Claiborne NYT cookbook. Ex-spouse owned the cookbook, but I don't remember the name of the book other than that it was one of the NYT publications. It was a good recipe, though.

quotations/scornful

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

Got to somewhere past genius with both pangrams, but still a bit to go.  Yesterday I got vindaloo first and then finally got the other one much later.  I know we needed bee buddy for lanolin but forget what else I was missing.

No luck on LB, and I also had quotations.  Ugh!! 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word actuator which I thought I made up. LB vulnerable-ethic.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius or a bit past with pangram.  Yesterday we had team QB, and I think I was missing churro.

No luck on LB again.  Congrats!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius. Missed horchata yesterday. I think I got a twofer, but have no recollection of the words.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG and a wild guess at monopod. LB waxed-dumpling.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM, and my final word was also a complete guess at monopod, just trying to put any prefixes with words to get a 7-letter one.  I actually shrieked, I was so surprised.  In retrospect, it makes sense as a word, but I don't think I ever would have thought of it.

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last word was condom. Found monopod by trying variations with the prefix.

waxed/dumpling

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

QBABM yesterday, last word udon. Today I'm past genius with both pangrams, but have a good way to go.

LB: I also had waxed-dumpling. No luck yet today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram. Didn't get to complete the bee yesterday.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB for backbit, tibiae, takeback, and my last word, babka. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, only a few words to go.

LB: I had the "official" birthmark-klutzy.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB to realize I had forgotten to enter tacit. LB birthmark-klutzy.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost got to team QB but needed bee buddy help for tibiae.

No luck on LB again. Congrats! Things have been busy lately.  Hopefully I'll have some time today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for irruptwhich is a new word. LB fops-serviceman.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for irrupt, which was also new to us.

No luck on LB despite a lot of trying.  Congrats! The schmofficial solution... favicons? Another new one to me.

Happy solving!