News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good afternoon/morning!

Irrupt was also my last word yesterday. I also needed help for apparat. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, only a couple of words to go.

LB: vampiric-conifers.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Genius, but no pangram. Missed irrupt yesterday.

I think I found a twofer yesterday, but will have to take another look at the puzzle to find the words.

It's hot outside--just getting to and from the subway station was gruelling.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word niece. LB piranha-adjudication.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for gigging, my last word. QB today!

LB: I had captcha-adjuration.

We're leaving for Switzerland in about an hour—will take a Rhine River cruise from there. Rain seems to be in the forecast for the cities we'll be visiting, alas, but this is typical for our vacations. Last year (good weather) was unusual! We'll enjoy it anyway.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

cathwen, happy travels!!!

Genius, but no pangram. Don't recall where I left the bee yesterdy--long and hot day, so will have to review yesterday's bee later today, another long and hot day.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

Got to a bit past genius with pangram so far.  I think I have 2 words left, actually.  Yesterday I got to QBABM but forget what my final word was.  Maybe gigging?

For LB I had piranha-adjudicator, so lots of variation! I was just glad to finally get one.

Have a fantastic trip, cathwen! I'm sure I've missed your departure but am sending the safe and happy travels vibes to you!

Good luck with the heat, Langue_doc.  It's cooler but muggy here, which is unusual and yucky.  It was 110 last week, though, so I am kind of glad to get a break from the heat.  I hope it passes out there soon.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. QB yesterday, with one of the very common four-letter words ending the list.

I know I have a twofer, but have to look it up.

Thanks, ab_grp! I cancelled yesterday's evening outing, and am staying indoors today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

After misreading the grid I went to SBB where I immediately realized I was missing outhought,thou. LB flirtier-rhumbaed.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

Somewhere past genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM again! Final word was auto.

For LB I had fumier-rehabilitated.  More variety!

Sending you more cool thoughts, Langue_doc! It's getting back to hotter and less humid here, so maybe we'll take back that heat from your area.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good...evening? Afternoon?

QBABM yesterday,last word though, which I thought I already had. Not much progress today—it's been a busy travel day.

LB: No luck yesterday, and I've barely started to look at today's.

We got to our hotel today (spending a couple of extra days here before the cruise begins), only to discover that we left our electrical adapters home. Fortunately, the desk clerk opened up a drawer filled with them, so we borrowed two. The next challenge will be connecting to the hotel's wifi.

Wishing cooler weather on you all! Here, it's supposed to be in the 70s most of the time.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH to realize I was missing mamma. LB telepathic-crinkly.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

Past genius with the pangram (which took a while).  Just a few more words, I think.  Yesterday we each almost made it to QBABO but decided to give up at team QB and move on.  I needed tatami, which I usually get.  And where did minyan go, now that I finally look for that word?!

For LB I had the schmofficial pathetic-crinkly.  I'm glad there was some variety!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon/evening, and greetings from Switzerland!

I woke up this morning and the June 22 puzzles were still up. Short on time, I went to hints to find anonymity, amnio, antonym, mono (!), and monomania. Today it took me a good while to find the pangram, but I did get it on my own and got beyond genius.

LB: No luck yesterday—but I have one today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram (phew) and genius. QB yesterday, with amity as the last word. I know I found a twofer, but am too lazy to look for it (just got home).

cathwen, hope the weather's cooperating. ab_grp, you sound Australian!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB needed a hint for my last word and the pangram buoyant. LB disqualify-yacht.

Happy solving!