News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday husband got to QBABH but had to help me with nanobot, unban, yuan.

For LB I had the schmofficial disqualify-yacht as well.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB-short and sweet today. Missed about four words yesterday, one of them being nanny, which I know I entered quite early on. Oh, well.

Deadlines, and more deadlines. It's going to be a chained-to-the desk week.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

QB yesterday with help for buoyant, yuan, and nanobot. QB today!

LB: I also had disqualify-yacht. No luck today yet.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--another short and sweet one today. Last word yesterday was cued.

Happy solving!

ETA: twofer!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBAM last word cupid. LB bungalow-wreck.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Two words to go to QB.  Hopefully I will get there! Yesterday I also had QBABM with final word... hiccup.  It took me hours to find that last word, and I was ready to strangle myself when I finally figured it out.

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet. Last word yesterday was kilning--didn't think that this was a verb, but who knew!?

gazebos/strikeout

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Like Langue-doc, QBAM last words kiln(ing). LB gazebos-strikeout.

Not sure how I'm feeling about these short quick puzzles. I like being done, but I also like coming back to them during the day.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I only have 3 words left today.  Yesterday got to QBABM also with final words kiln(ing).

No LB luck yesterday, but I did get a quick 2fer today.  Congrats!

Ciao_yall, I finished the bee so early yesterday that I felt the same way.  And I kept going back to it, but there was no more joy to be had. 

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

No time to work on puzzles yesterday! Today I'm at genius with the pangram, only four words left, but probably will look at SBB as it's late here.

LB: Again, no time yesterday. Today I looked at it but have not yet found a solution.

We're in Germany now. I'm having a good time, but there is so much on the agenda that I am tired. Tomorrow will be calmer!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Got to QBABM!

Cathwen, I'm glad you are enjoying your trip, and I hope you get to rest somewhat tomorrow.

Langue_doc

Me too.

The crossword was slightly challenging for a Wednesday. I did like 57A as it reminded me of the old days when this was the only option. I also remember having to make connections at the Pittsburg airport.

cathwen, hope the predicted rains didn't materialize!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. Last word yesterday was boohoo.

throws/sensitively

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Thursday's crossword puzzle was clever but impossible to do on a device.

QB-1 ABM then needed the 2LL to realize I was missing become. LB investors-showily.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM with amoeba(e) as final words.

For LB I had liven-newsworthy.  Still no one with the schmofficial solution (though mine is closer than I would like).

Happy solving!