News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius so far. Haven't had the time to check yesterday's bee so I don't even remember if I completed it. Too many distractions, what with constantly checking the NYT for updates.

As for Covid, there are one or more new strains, so people have been masking up and also getting vaccinated.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday, last word pancetta. QB today.

LB: palatalizing-grower. Lots of possibilities this time! No 2fer yet today.

Thanks for the good wishes, Langue_doc! Ciao_yall, we had a couple of boxes of Covid tests left over from a year or two ago. We have one box (two tests) left. Except for a nasty cough, I'm feeling pretty good now. I'll test again tomorrow or Monday.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good day!

Got to genius with pangram (finally).  Maybe a bit past.  Yesterday we ended up having team QB.  I think I needed a few like pupate, putt.

For LB I had waltzer-roping to add to the variety, and I have another 2fer today.

I hope you feel better soon, cathwen! Glad it's not too major or debilitating.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM last word hectic. LB broil-launched.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

Got to genius with all the pangrams.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I think I needed tithe, which I usually get.  Darn it!

For LB I had broached-diurnal.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB-no weird words today. Last words--thee yesterday and epee, pact the day before.

broil/launching, and waltzer/roping the previous day.

Happy solving, and stay cool/dry.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with bootee as my last word (although I had found bootie much earlier.) QB today with help for the last word.

LB: I had unenriched-doable. Lots of answers this time! I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL last word felin. LB needed a hint for the oddly straightforward fulcrum-midnight. I was stuck on another path.

Anyway, happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for the last word, infidel. Today I'm beyond genius with both pangrams.

LB: I had fulcrum-midnight also. Nothing yet today.

Tested negative today! Yay!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams.  I think I have 2 words left.  Yesterday I got to QBABM by checking my list for missing set members. 

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

Long friend call yesterday and another today so not sure about puzzling but will aim for the gold.

I'm glad to hear about your newest test, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. QB yesterday, last word dignified.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word yesterday was hatha.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for tahini which I usually get. LB videocam-mixtapes.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got down to one word which we were both missing, litho.  I had thought thiol might be in there since Wordle accepted it as a guess the other day, but apparently not.  And I didn't think of any anagrams for it, I guess! Argh.

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

Glad not to have any calls coming up until next week.  I need to recharge and focus more on puzzles for a bit!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram so far today. Yesterday I needed help for holt and litho, my last word.

No luck on LB! Congratulations, ciao_yall! Nothing today yet, either.

Happy puzzling!