News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word yesterday was dyad.

italic/charwomen

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday with last word wayward. Pangram and past genius today.

LB: I had clitic-charwomen and thematic-crownal, which I also thought I had made up.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

QuoteLB: I had clitic-charwomen and thematic-crownal, which I also thought I had made up.

The bee doesn't accept clitic, much to my dismay.

cathwen

Huh! I could have sworn that it was accepted yesterday. Clitic is a linguistic term referring to a word that occurs in only combination with another word. For example, object pronouns in French. (Il me regarde—me cannot occur by itself, but must be attached to a verb.)

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM with radii.

For LB I had merchant-towline.  Lots of possibilities, apparently! Maybe clitic is accepted by LB but not the bee? And there's a good word today that is not accepted for today's LB, or I think I could have gotten a 2fer already. :-(

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius so far. Didn't get back to the bee yesterday after posting here.

As for clitic, it's never been accepted, unlike coition, which used to be legit, but not in recent bees.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word untended. LB equivocable-earn except LB wouldn't take equivcoable even though it is a word

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Nearing the finish line, I think! Pangram and past genius, in any case.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I think I needed unitive, uninventive.  That puzzle wasn't really fun, in my opinion.  There were so many words it didn't accept that I kind of gave up trying things after a while.

For LB I had convene-equilibria. It wouldn't take equivariance, either.  I also got a 2fer today pretty quickly.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH yesterday, last words undivided and untie. Genius and pangram today.

LB: No luck yesterday! I have one today, though.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius. Needed help for tipi yesterday.

jeopardizing/gab

Off tomorrow morning for my annual week-long East Coast workshop-y event after which I'll stop at my friends' place for a couple of days before getting back.

Happy solving!

ETA: found a third pangram, so almost QB, and an easy twofer.

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday for tipi and pepita, my last word. Genius with all three pangrams today, only three words to go.

LB: jeopardizing-gob/gab/gib. No 2fer yet today—congratulations, Langue_doc, on having found one so quickly!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH hints, last words pepita, pipit LB jeopardizing-gab.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to past genius, but still a few words left.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for tippet.  I swear I tried every spelling of that word because I was sure it was in there.  Oh well!

For LB I also had jeopardizing-gab

Have a great workshop and visit, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB and a wild guess for wildling so learned a new word. LB nudge for paycheck-kiloton.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for weenie/wienie and wildling, a new word for me also. Today I'm at genius with two of the three pangrams.

LB: No luck yesterday! But I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!