News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good day!

Got to somewhere past genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed wildling as well! Also wedgie.  He needed wingding.

No luck on LB.  Congrats!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Evening, or rather, night!

Pangrams and genius. QB yesterday, but don't recall the last couple of words. What I thought was a magnificient twofer, alas, was missing a letter, not sure how I missed the missing letter. I had python/necklace, which I thought had the makings of a good story, especially if the necklacee ended up in the python's stomach.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, but only with help from SBB. Last words were horchata and haricot. Genius with pangram today; two words to go.

LB: I had daughter-refinement, which recalls days of yore when mothers (not mine) sent their daughters to finishing school. I like Langue_doc's python-necklace image and the story one could concoct!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and wild guesses for rhotic, ichor to finish it off. LB fraught-terminated. Get rid of that negativity!

And, happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

I got the pangram and to past genius, and I think I have 3 words left.  We'll see.  Stuck right now! Yesterday we needed bee buddy for rhotic, ichor, and I would never have gotten either, even by guessing.

No luck on LB despite a lot of good contenders! Congrats on your solutions! Langue_doc, that sounds like a Sherlock Holmes story in the making!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. QB yesterday, with help for begem.

wolves/squirmed

Someone here was complaining that she saw trees and more trees on her drive through every single state from western PA. I, on the other hand, was marveling at how green the trees are, not just in the city, but through the entire drive, due to the rains this year. No dead branches or stumps, just different shades of green.

cathwen, the tree stumps that I complained about a year or so ago on this same drive, have left no trace, as there were either healthy saplings, or just grass and other plants in the medians along I-15 aka Merrit, aka Wilbur Cross.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with help for begem...and, embarrassingly, teabag! Past genius today with the pangram.

LB: I also had wolves-squirmed.

Langue_doc, I also have noticed how green and lush everything is! It certainly makes for a pretty drive. I hope that the spring rains mean a colorful fall.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on July 22, 2024, 05:16:58 AMGood morning!

QB yesterday with help for begem...and, embarrassingly, teabag! Past genius today with the pangram.

LB: I also had wolves-squirmed.

Langue_doc, I also have noticed how green and lush everything is! It certainly makes for a pretty drive. I hope that the spring rains mean a colorful fall.

Happy puzzling!

Morning! QBwSBB and a wild guess for begem. LB quorums-swiveled.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with pangram but some ways to go.  Yesterday I also needed help for begem, and I should have gotten taiga.  Again today there is at least one word not accepted for some reason.

For LB I also had the schmofficial quorums-swiveled.

In case it's of interest, the nytbee.com guy now has definitions, hints, and other features available.

I can't imagine complaining about lush tree scenery! The main thing I remember about driving through Idaho about 15 yrs ago is how pretty the trees were.  That's one of the things that stuck out most to me on a long trip that included three gorgeous national parks.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. QB yesterday, I think the last word was honeymooned.

Thanks for the link, ab_grp.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Not a lot of puzzle time yesterday so lots of hints for easy words like mondo and darn those compounds benchmarks-six.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for doyen(ne), per usual.

No luck on LB again!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram, several words to go. QBwH yesterday for doyen/ne, odeon was my last word.

LB: It was late and I was frustrated, so I went to hints and found benchmarks-six.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. QB yesterday, but had to resort to BB for a couple of words.

granulator/revamp

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Not a lot of puzzle time yesterday, so lots of hints to get QB, last word latke.

LB hint for overpopulate-engram.

Good news us that work is busy, but my puzzle time is limited so not a lot of Zen quiet time to just work on QB. Plus LB has been tricky.

Happy solving!