News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and a new word dugong which I think I remember from an earlier puzzle.

LB cumbered-drinkable.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for nunhood, my last word. Genius with pangram so far today.

LB: mucid-drinkable. A disgusting combination! I was surprised that mucid took; it was a wild guess.

I'm not sure how far I'll get with SB today—Middle Daughter and Grandson are arriving this afternoon for a few days, and I still have a some cleaning to do! And bake cookies (or something)! (Aren't grandmothers supposed to be perpetually baking cookies?) I just hope that the torrential rains we had last night don't get in their path as the storm heads north. There was some serious flooding in the western part of the state, but I think the highways they'll have to travel are okay.

Anyway—-happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangram so far.  The pangram took me a minute.  Got to QBABM yesterday with final word hoodoo.  Husband missed dugong.  I don't think it's been in the puzzle for a while, but I remember it stumping me when I had initially encountered it!

For LB I had unmanacled-debark.  Another bevy of solutions!

Enjoy your visit, cathwen! I'm sure if you do bake cookies they will be a hit! Wishing them safe travels to you.

I've got a friend/mentor call this afternoon and am starting a course, so I'm excited to be back in school.  Trying to make my way through the 30000 grad student orientation modules, which seems a little unnecessary after three grad degrees, but I guess every school has their own special little twists.  I'm just taking one course a semester to update some marketability aspects.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Last word was troth.

jangle/exemplify

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and a new word horatory. Lots of those at the DNC last night! LB jangle-exemplify.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for ahoy and arhat, my last word. Am I hallucinating, or has arhat recently been in the list of unacceptable words? Or am I thinking of something else?
Today I am beyond genius with the pangram.

LB: I also had jangle-exemplify.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

@cathwen, arhat has been in the bee at least three times this summer. Enjoy your visit with daughter and grandson!

@ab_grp, good luck on the new grad school venture! I'm usually half asleep when I post here in the morning, so forgot my note to self to send you my congratulations.

ab_grp

Good morning!

One word to go, so fingers crossed again.  Yesterday we both needed help for hortatory, paratha

No luck on the bee yesterday.  Congrats! I got one today, though.

Langue_doc, thanks! I am looking forward to it.  So many little odds and ends to get in place.  At least I finally got through the orientation modules.  ;-)

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius, but am stuck. Last word was phono.

volcanist/tourism

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL to remember phono. LB unlascivious-storm.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for peon, my last word. QB-1 today—where on earth is that last word hiding?

Langue_doc, I must be thinking of a different word that used to be accepted but no longer is.

LB: I had varmint-tricolours. I was surprised that the British spelling was accepted. Lots of variation this time!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams to somewhere past genius so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM with final word ninepin.  I tend to miss that one so am glad I finally saw it.

For LB I will add another variation: lascivious-surmount.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. QB yesterday--last word was imbibing.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG and a wild guess for gabbling. LB previously-yak.

Happy solving!