News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

One of those "duh" days yesterday—went to SBB to find footie and lifetime, but even worse, fill, my last word—which I was sure I already had. Today is better—QB!

LB: I had improvident-tech.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangram again.  Yesterday neither of us could figure out leitmotif, even though it had been in there before.  Just didn't come to mind.  I finally guessed it from the 2-letter hint.

For LB I had endomorphic-civet.  More variety again!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last words were loyal, loyally.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG to realize I was missing yahoo, dahlia. LB jerseys-sunlight.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangram.  Yesterday I got to QBABM with hiya, which also ended up being husband's final word.

For LB I also got the schmofficial jerseys-sunlight.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday with dahlia as my last word. Today I'm past genius with the pangram.

LB: I also had jerseys-sunlight.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. QB yesterday, but don't recall the last word other than that is was something I should have seen much earlier.

thump/parbolic

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH to realize I was missing oink(ing), outgo. LB thump-parabolic.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangrams.  Yesterday got to QBABM with nonunion (finally).

I also had thump-parabolic yesterday!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

QBABM yesterday with nonunion as my last word.

LB:like everyone else,thump-parabolic .

I've had the kind of excitement that no one needs.Yesterday I tripped over some construction debris,fell down three concrete steps, and landed on my right side, breaking—-you guessed it—my other hip (right side this time.) I also have multiple scrapes and bruises, plus a right arm that, while not broken,is injured and minimally useable. Hip replacement surgery was today and went well. But, argh!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on August 28, 2024, 05:36:31 PMGood evening!

QBABM yesterday with nonunion as my last word.

LB:like everyone else,thump-parabolic .

I've had the kind of excitement that no one needs.Yesterday I tripped over some construction debris,fell down three concrete steps, and landed on my right side, breaking—-you guessed it—my other hip (right side this time.) I also have multiple scrapes and bruises, plus a right arm that, while not broken,is injured and minimally useable. Hip replacement surgery was today and went well. But, argh!

Happy puzzling!

Oh no!!!!! Are you bedridden?

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word was odeon.

direwolf/folkdance--couldn't find a mate for werewolf.

cathwen, sorry to hear about your fall and the fracture. I recall it took you months to get back to your usual routine after the previous hip surgery. Sending you good wishes for a speedy recovery. You're the third person I know who broke a bone or more as the result of a fall this month.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for demimonde. LB needed a nudge for downfield-drack.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangram.  Yesterday we miraculously got to team QB.

For LB, I got lucky by being lazy.  I found crackdown, saw the remaining letters, and decided to just try them.  Accepted! crackdown-nifle.  According to Merriam-Webster, "chiefly dialectal. : a trivial or worthless person or thing."

Cathwen, I yelled NO!! when I read of your fall.  Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear that.  I hope you are recovering well from your hip surgery and that your arm also recovers quickly.  What an awful ordeal.  Take care!!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Hi, everyone,and thank you for your good wishes. I am not bedridden, ciao_yall-the hospital just won't allow it. I've been walking a bit, even though it's painful. Walking is the best thing, if you can stand it.But the full recovery time is measured in months.

Daughters are coming this weekend and next to help out.And I'll have home health aides, home PTs, etc. I'll be fine, just very slow for a while.

As for LB and SB—not much work on it today or yesterday. I hope to get back to it tomorrow, when I go home.