News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. QB yesterday--last word was tortoni.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB last word tricorn. LB nudge for wrinkled-deadbolt.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

Two words to go.  Husband got to QBABH, so I hope to join him.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I was missing citron, ironic.

No luck on LB.

We got out vaccines yesterday, me in the morning, him in the afternoon.  Not a great night!! It seemed worse in some ways than previous.  My fever was higher, and though I didn't have the body-shaking chills, I felt freezing and had that terrible skin sensitivity everywhere.  But after a not great night of sleep I am doing better.  He is still going through some of it.  Glad to have it done, but yuck.  I feel like the bad symptoms timeline moved up or something? We had planned to order ramen tonight as a treat and since drinking something hot definitely helps, but I think I am past that now.  Oh well, we can still have ramen (and sushi)!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBw2LL for my last words, ricin and nitric. QB today.

LB: No luck yesterday, and none so far today.

I hope you're feeling better soon, ab_grp! Those Covid vaccines do tend to provoke strong reactions. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I should sign up soon. Enjoy your ramen and sushi! And best wishes for continued improvement.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM - last word nabob. LB product-twelfth.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Congratulations on QBABY, ciao_yall! I needed a hint for my last word, aeon. Today I'm at QB, but not ABM.

LB: No luck yesterday! I had product, but did not see twelfth. I have a 2fer today, though.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good day!

Got to genius, no pangrams yet! Yesterday I got to QBABM, finally.  Last words were wannabe, aeon.

No luck on LB, either.

Thanks for the good wishes, cathwen.  Whew, I thought I was done with it for the most part when I got up yesterday but then ended up getting chills and feeling warm later, eyes aching, etc.  I slept much better, though, and I feel pretty good today, so hopefully that's truly it.  Flu arm is fine, covid arm still hurts a bit.  Husband's arms are both fine, and he is also feeling much better today.  Thank goodness for heating pads and electric blankets.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Evening!

QB this morning. QB yesterday--remembered nabob of the "nattering nabobs of negativity" just in time.

ab_grp, hope you're feeling better. There's a rather vicious strain of covid that's keeping people sick for 2-3 weeks, so I'm glad you have some kind of protection despite the side-effects of the vaccine.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB to remember tubal.LB nudge for groundhogs-sparkplug.

In other news I'm sad because the elderly gentleman who ran the LB thread on FB indicated his health was failing and thus would be his last post.

We were a small but loyal group.

ab_grp

Good day!

Glad things are back, though still some weirdness with some links.  Anyway!

I am mad that I didn't get to post yesterday to report my QBABM and 2fer from the day before, so I am reporting them now. ! Today I have one word left.  Yesterday we had team QB.

No luck on LB yesterday.  Ciao_yall, I'm sorry to hear that. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning

QBw2LL last word pogo.LB remoulade-elective.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Two pangrams so far and at genius.  Yesterday husband got to QBABH, but I just lost energy at the end.  I couldn't find opioid.  At least we had team QB.

No luck on LB again.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangrams and above genius. QB yesterday, with prod as the last word. I thought I'd entered it much earlier, as I thought of prodigy as I was clicking on the letters. I had to review the entire list to see if I could come up with the pesky last word when I realized that prod was missing.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon/evening!

I've had a hard time getting into the fora the last few days, but the problem seems to have been resolved.

QB yesterday, last word opioid, thanks to an SBB hint. QB today.

LB: molar-reductive.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH last word dammit. LB hint for inextricable-elbow. was circling around the first word and my brain didn't snap until I saw the hint.

Happy solving!