News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

September research

Started by Sun_Worshiper, September 06, 2020, 04:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Tiny bit more done on the book chapter.

Every little step gets us closer to Santiago di Compostella...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

nonsensical

Finished commenting on my student's paper today! I didn't think I would finish for a few more days yet and am feeling accomplished right now.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 14, 2020, 09:35:02 AM
Hmmm. I think today I should:

• Continue tidying up Book Review
  • Work on fixing the Book Proposal

I even wrote and submitted a report. Book Review is basically done, I just need to try cut a couple hundred words over the next few days. The Book Proposal, on the other hand, is nowhere near done.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 06, 2020, 04:50:49 PM

For me:

• Revise paper with coauthors and get it ready to submit (rejected a week or two ago from a top journal, moving on to another very good journal)
  • Work on revisions for coauthored paper (received invitation to R&R a week or so ago from a very good journal - brutal comments, but I guess the editor sees hope for the manuscript, so I am also hopeful)
  • Get ball rolling on ambitious data collection project, which will contribute to article I'm working on and will, hopefully, become a key data source for scholars in my area
  • Resubmit book chapter with edits and additions to appease editor
  • Submit IRB for project with coauthors
  • Turn around conditionally accepted article

IRB has been submitted and, after some back and forth, approved.

I also put my RA to work on the first round of this data collection project. 

Should have the conditionally accepted article and the book chapter back to the corresponding editors by the end of this week.

AvidReader

Today is grading all day, and tomorrow too. If these go well, I'll be back Friday with research goals!

So delighted for everyone else's progress.

AR.

Parasaurolophus

Lots of teaching-related stuff to do today, but I'd like to make at least incremental progress on the following:

• Cutting Book Review down to size.
  • Progress fixing Book proposal.
  • Progress on October R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 15, 2020, 08:26:20 AM
Lots of teaching-related stuff to do today, but I'd like to make at least incremental progress on the following:

• Cutting Book Review down to size.
  • Progress fixing Book proposal.
  • Progress on October R&R.

120 words of Book Review cut, 120ish more to go.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 14, 2020, 05:44:19 PM

For me:

• Revise paper with coauthors and get it ready to submit (rejected a week or two ago from a top journal, moving on to another very good journal)
  • Work on revisions for coauthored paper (received invitation to R&R a week or so ago from a very good journal - brutal comments, but I guess the editor sees hope for the manuscript, so I am also hopeful)
  • Get ball rolling on ambitious data collection project, which will contribute to article I'm working on and will, hopefully, become a key data source for scholars in my area
  • Resubmit book chapter with edits and additions to appease editor
  • Submit IRB for project with coauthors
  • Turn around conditionally accepted article

Parasaurolophus

I think today I will focus on October R&R, and maybe cut a little from Book Review, time and energy permitting.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on September 08, 2020, 09:11:21 AM
Congrats on the acceptance, Sun_Worshiper and the R&R, Parasaurolophus!

September stuff:

• Submitted final revised manuscript last night for "accepted with revisions decision," yahoo!
  • Worked on revamp of rejected manuscript today after meeting with co-author on Saturday. Should be ready to submit to a different journal in the next few weeks!
  • Continue to work on R&R revisions due in two weeks with my co-authors.
  • Keep working on new manuscript with colleague in my sub-field.

Updates:

• Long-awaited article came out yesterday!
  • Acceptance revisions resubmitted after I updated a source
  • R&R due next week is almost done!
  • Finished rough draft for new colleague so he can work on it now
  • Almost done with rejected manuscript revamp with co-author to submit to new journal

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 16, 2020, 11:43:07 AM
I think today I will focus on October R&R, and maybe cut a little from Book Review, time and energy permitting.

Did some good revising (which I hope I can maybe finish-ish Friday?), and cut another 105 words. I'd like to cut another 50 or so, but this is serviceable.

Quote from: darkstarrynight on September 16, 2020, 12:39:23 PM

Updates:

• Long-awaited article came out yesterday!
  • Acceptance revisions resubmitted after I updated a source
  • R&R due next week is almost done!
  • Finished rough draft for new colleague so he can work on it now
  • Almost done with rejected manuscript revamp with co-author to submit to new journal

w00t, congrats on all of those! You're killing it!
I know it's a genus.

nonsensical

So great to read about everyone's progress! One of my grad students sent around a paper draft for us to workshop in lab meeting, and I sent him back some comments this morning. He's done a great job with this paper, and I'm excited about the work, so going through it was a good way to start my day.

mamselle

Job-related edits done, three short articles done and sent in and one more to go.

My own work has to wait for a few more brain cells to wake up...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Thursdays are teaching-heavy, so I'm just hoping to cut a dozen or two words from Book Review.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 17, 2020, 10:34:28 AM
Thursdays are teaching-heavy, so I'm just hoping to cut a dozen or two words from Book Review.

144 more words cut, and... done the book review! I'll submit it tomorrow, after one last look.
I know it's a genus.