News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research

Started by Faith786, June 01, 2021, 08:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Today, I'll try to read the paper I'm refereeing.
I know it's a genus.

Faith786

Quote from: Faith786 on June 05, 2021, 10:12:32 AM
June goals:
-1. revise and resubmit r manuscript June 3
-2. peer review June 5
-3. draft worksheet on definitions/terms/meanings June 3
-4. submit work by June 4
-5. confirm conference paper 1 acceptance, mode of presentation, and agree to be recorded by June 5
-6. confirm conference paper 2 acceptance, mode of presentation, and agree to be recorded by June 5
-7. Update CV to reflect Google Scholar citation count, h-index, and i10 index metrics June 8
-8. Update CV to reflect ResearchGate score June 8
-9. Update CV to reflect Publons review metrics June 8
-10. Update CV to reflect submitted/under review manuscript(s) June 8
-11. Update CV to reflect accepted conference paper 1 June 8
-12. Update CV to reflect accepted conference paper 2 June 8
-read ch. 19 June 6
-read ch. 20 June 7
-read ch. 42 June 8
-peer review due June 8
-draft interview questions/guide June 8
-write another page for item #4 (book chapter) due late July 2021 (now at 5,000 words)
-make chart 2 with dates, inclusion/exclusion criteria, sources, references
-write reflection of article #11 for 2021 project
-summarize timeline chart [drafted in ppt slide], upload p research documents to secure website-make chart 2 with dates, inclusion/exclusion criteria, sources, references
-email title of research presentation for faculty research series due ~June28
-Read/review/summarize relevant paper to add to research library for 2021 project
-Update CV to reflect Google Scholar citation count, h-index, and i10 index metrics by June 18
-Update CV to reflect ResearchGate score June 18
-Update CV to reflect Publons review metrics June 18
-Update CV to reflect submitted/under review manuscript(s) June 18
-peer-review two new manuscripts relevant to research field(s)

Short-term/ongoing goals:
-Try to stay alive, keep calm, and carry on while COVID-19 seems to be going away (finally!) so that research can continue
-Continue drafting item #4 (book chapter) with reading/review of up-to-date literature
-read, revise and email myself item #5 (s manuscript) and get it down to <20-25 pages

Long-term goals:
-apply for research funding

N(complete)=12
I need this grant approved...

Faith786

Quote from: Faith786 on June 08, 2021, 10:14:29 AM
June goals:
-2. peer review June 5
-5. confirm conference paper 1 acceptance, mode of presentation, and agree to be recorded by June 5
-6. confirm conference paper 2 acceptance, mode of presentation, and agree to be recorded by June 5
-7. Update CV to reflect Google Scholar citation count, h-index, and i10 index metrics June 8
-13. peer review due June 8
-draft interview questions/guide June 9
-read ch. 19 June 6
-read ch. 20 June 8
-read ch. 42 June 10
-research discussion due June 13
-peer review due June 13
-write another page for item #4 (book chapter) due late July 2021 (now at 5,000 words)
-summarize timeline chart [drafted in ppt slide], upload p research documents to secure website-make chart 2 with dates, inclusion/exclusion criteria, sources, references
-Read/review/summarize relevant paper to add to research library for 2021 project
-Update CV to reflect Google Scholar citation count, h-index, and i10 index metrics by June 18

-Try to stay alive, keep calm, and carry on while COVID-19 seems to be going away (finally!) so that research can continue
-Continue drafting item #4 (book chapter) with reading/review of up-to-date literature
-read, revise and email myself item #5 (s manuscript) and get it down to <20-25 pages

Long-term goals:

N(complete)=14

darkstarrynight

Cranked out a good hunk of the paper due 6/15. Then I sent some direction to my co-authors and told them I will clean it up before the deadline, but I am not very available starting tomorrow. Sigh.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll finish my reading for August Chapter today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Getting tiny bits done on some things, having a harder time getting much done (both starting and sticking with) the more extensive one.

Continuity and discipline needed here....not having a 'performance arena' (like a conference) or a 'requirement' (like a job expectation) makes it harder!!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

darkstarrynight

Got a R&R today on manuscript with two co-authors in a very strong journal, so that is exciting! Additionally, my long-term project that stalled due to COVID is on my mind so I am starting to work on that again. I saw through a random social media post that a research center at my institution had a student worker graduate that did digitization work. Our libraries no longer have digitization equipment, so I reached out to the director of the center to ask how the student did this work for hu. Hu responded that the center has the equipment and would be willing to fund a student worker to support my work even though it is not really related to the center's work. I just want to learn about the equipment, and told hu I can try to get my department to fund a student (and I am seeking grant funding for this also). I am excited that I could possibly get moving on the project and do it locally rather than ship it off somewhere for digitization!

mamselle

Sounds like a win-win-win.

Good for you!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Congrats, darkstarrynight!

Today, I'll make a start on my referee report and read the stuff for tomorrow's IRB meeting.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 10, 2021, 06:22:44 AM
Congrats, darkstarrynight!

Today, I'll make a start on my referee report and read the stuff for tomorrow's IRB meeting.

Events have intruded, and this won't be happening.
I know it's a genus.

Faith786

Quote from: Faith786 on June 08, 2021, 12:48:31 PM
June goals:
-2. peer review June 5
-13. peer review due June 8
-14. draft interview questions/guide June 10
-15. read ch. 19 June 9
-read ch. 20 June 8
-read ch. 42 June 10
-research discussion due June 13
-peer review due June 13

Long-term goals:

N(complete)=16

Parasaurolophus

Today, I do yesterday's tasks.
I know it's a genus.

traductio

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 11, 2021, 09:31:40 AM
Today, I do yesterday's tasks.

My wise-beyond-his-years six-year-old (who loves dinosaurs, the parasaurolophus ranking in the top 5) has spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about, well, time. Tomorrow, he informed me, does not exist, because as soon as it happens, it is today. Neither does yesterday exist, because there is only today. I've asked him some rather probing questions (what is it we remember, then?), to which he has surprisingly thoughtful answers (memories are like dreams, something we imagine and feel like we live, but they're not real).

Anyway, he would contest the idea that today you do yesterday's tasks on metaphysical grounds.

mamselle

Yikes!

Sartre, is that you?

M.