Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

November Research

Started by mamselle, November 02, 2021, 12:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 19, 2021, 09:15:21 AM
More sectioning today.

I put in about 700 words today. I'm nearly done one of the new sections I started last week; the other one... well, I've hit a bit of a snag, but I'll figure it out. I suppose I should start work on a third new section soon, if I'm gonna accomplish my goal for the month.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Today was an all-day-teaching day and I'm at blither-brain stage now, but things went very well, so I'm looking forward to a good day's work tomorrow.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I have a bit of free time today, so even though it's Saturday I'll put some work into a section.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Trying to gear up for more work after errands chewed up the AM, but they were necessary and will mean I don't have to do them piecemeal later. (Rationalizations...)

At least 6 hrs open now, see what I can make of them...might just get the rest of the slides done...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

filologos

Quote from: filologos

• Finish (re)reading and taking notes on primary source HF
  • (Re)read and take notes on primary source H
  • Finish (re)reading and taking notes on primary source M
  • Begin writing conference paper based on primary sources HF, H, and M (notional deadline: Dec. 15th; length: ~2750 wds)
  • Begin writing dissertation chapter #2 (4,700 words in)
Stretch goal:

• Finish writing conference paper

Today I sketched an argument in 700 words that will bolster my second chapter but may (if it holds up) be worth developing in an article. I'm now 4,700 words into Chapter 2 (not including the 700 I wrote today).

For the conference paper, I finished rereading primary source M today. I'm waiting for a commentary on primary source H to arrive. I doubt I will finish writing the paper this month, but I expect to have done a third of it, at least, before December.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on November 20, 2021, 10:16:56 AM
Trying to gear up for more work after errands chewed up the AM, but they were necessary and will mean I don't have to do them piecemeal later. (Rationalizations...)

At least 6 hrs open now, see what I can make of them...might just get the rest of the slides done...

M.

Got more corrections done, and had a great time getting immersed in a 17th c. diary and pulling lots of good notes for other projects from it.

It's nice just having a reading-and-research day sometimes...

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 20, 2021, 06:51:23 AM
I have a bit of free time today, so even though it's Saturday I'll put some work into a section.

I snuck in 500 words to get one of the new sections nearly done.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Stuff to do until `12:30, then the rest of the day clear to finish the PPt, I think.

M.

Parasaurolophus

I know I'm supposed to take weekend off, but I'll sneak in a little section work when the hatchling is sleeping on me. Gotta get this done in the next few months, after all!
I know it's a genus.

rota1234

Last week involved some writing but also some travel, so work was delayed a bit.

Goals for the week of November 21:

1. Continue to revise book chapter.
2. Continue researching/drafting new journal article.
3. Put together a reading list and begin in-depth research for another book chapter.

Have a good week everyone!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 21, 2021, 09:13:22 AM
I know I'm supposed to take weekend off, but I'll sneak in a little section work when the hatchling is sleeping on me. Gotta get this done in the next few months, after all!

I finished one of the new sections, added something to another section which was otherwise complete, and started the third new section for the month.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Lunch, then more work...no predictions until after it's done...

;--}

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 22, 2021, 08:59:31 AM
More section work today.

Well, I got into the the interminable weeds of this new section. It requires me to do some serious book skimming.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I filled up my phone with photos again, but that led to a good session of downloading a previous research trip's earlier materials, and sorting them for later use, which needed to happen.

More to be done, and more Ppts to work on after dinner.

M.