Main Menu

November Research

Started by mamselle, November 02, 2021, 12:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Just gotta keep on sectioning.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I'm procrastinating, and I gotta stop!!!

Pictures to process. Slides to work on. Text to type and edit.

Vrromm, vrroooommm...vroooooommmmmmm!!!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 23, 2021, 08:23:15 AM
Just gotta keep on sectioning.

Well, I didn't feel up to much today, but I wrote a couple hundred words and, crucially, read a lot of stuff for this third new section. There's more to go, but it's taking shape.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I stopped procrastinating.

Many more slides done.

I'm near the finish point, save the bibliography, I think.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

filologos

Quote from: filologos

• Finish (re)reading and taking notes on primary source HF
  • (Re)read and take notes on primary source H
  • Finish (re)reading and taking notes on primary source M
  • Begin writing conference paper (~600/2750 words; notional deadline: Dec. 15th)
  • Begin writing dissertation chapter #2 (4,700 words in)
Stretch goal:

• Finish writing conference paper

No further progress on the dissertation -- I got sick over the weekend and didn't write on Monday -- but I have finally started the conference paper and set up my handout in LaTeX.

mamselle

^ Good news!

My students all flipped their PM lessons to early times, so I'm finishing up now, will then have the rest of the day to get going on those last tasty morsels of bibliography to chew on....

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 24, 2021, 09:35:28 AM
Moar sectioning.

There wasn't much sleep last night, so my energy is low today. I did a small bunch of reading and a tiny bit of writing, but it's enough that this section is filling out OK (I was worried about it a few days ago!). I'm almost at the point where I can get in there and write freely, unshackled by this annotated bibliography.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

The flipped lessons kept getting re-reverse-engineered, so I had chunks of empty time that I couldn't really start working in, because someone was still "just coming" from whatever they were doing before to do their lesson (online).

There are three in the family, two had lessons today, we finally got done, they did well, but...no time (and now now braincells left) for my own worky-work. So, tomorrow....between very set, firm times (11 AM siblings/Zoom brunch, which won't go over an hour, and 6/8 PM friend/Zoom dinner) I'll be able to get to it. Food is already prepped so won't take long, and I don't have to get dressed or go anywhere.

That's the plan, anyway.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Still tired, but gotta sectionize.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

First Zoom call done, time to do some more slides now.

M. 

darkstarrynight

Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate! I am just venting, no need to respond. The revision we submitted in July still is under review (the initial manuscript received a very quick R&R with feedback) so I just wrote the editor to ask about the status. I included the July confirmation email from the journal about receiving the revision. The editor wrote back "you submitted the revision in October and obviously do not communicate with your coauthors." Ouch! That is such BS, and clearly the editor thinks I faked the email we received. How bizarre. This might jeopardize our getting into this journal, so I wrote an apology to my coauthors. I am so surprised the editor does not trust the journal's system and thinks my colleagues and I do not communicate. We have been wondering what is taking so long for months! Sigh.

mamselle

Nooooo!!!!!!

Hope it gets worked out!

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 25, 2021, 09:21:32 AM
Still tired, but gotta sectionize.

60% done the annotated bibliography, did more reading.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Guess I'll try to finish off the annotated bibliography part, since that speeds up finishing the rest of the section.
I know it's a genus.