News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

November Research

Started by mamselle, November 02, 2021, 12:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Finished a decent draft-like draft of a teaching Ppt and sent it to one possible commentator/user

Sent a .pdf of a long-ago Ppt to a group that posted a quote that ties in exactly with that theme, and the Ppt is ready-to-go as a presentation, might see if they ask for a talk...

Starting the day's prep of more ongoing slides for the PPt-in-the-making and the transfer of some related text to the book-chapters-in-the-making.

Student in an hour, if he has his lesson; folk dance at 7 PM.

Small-puddle-on-the-floor time after that.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 09, 2021, 11:34:40 AM
Today: a nap, and catching up on emails.

No nap yet, but I'm pretty much caught up apart from a couple which require more energy than I have today.
I know it's a genus.

emprof

Hi all! Jumping in here because I really need some accountability.

• Finish research for conference paper, first draft due in early Dec
  • Make progress on 2 of 4 short pieces, first draft due in Feb
  • Finish article edits on a revise/ resubmit

I've been having real problems getting started on any of these. This week I want to knock out 1 of the short pieces, and make progress on the conference paper.

mamselle

Feet, meet fire.

I got more stuff done on one chapt., and more imported from the Ppt.

Student was a no-show, so another bit of time before folk dance...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 09, 2021, 01:50:05 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 09, 2021, 11:34:40 AM
Today: a nap, and catching up on emails.

No nap yet, but I'm pretty much caught up apart from a couple which require more energy than I have today.

No nap at all. Sigh.

But I did generate a referee report for a resubmission: I accept it! Easy peasy!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hmm. Conference prep today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Just got a bit more work on the Ppt and a chapter; more to do.

Lunch, more work, then teaching at 4:30.

M.

filologos

500 more words on Chapter 2 this morning.

mamselle

Quote from: filologos on November 10, 2021, 10:16:55 AM

More good news!

Keep at it.

I'm starting my after-lunch stint now.

M. 

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: filologos on November 10, 2021, 10:16:55 AM

Well done! That's the spirit!
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Today I spent a good amount of time working on the book chapter revisions, so I might be able to get most of them done this week, much earlier than I anticipated! I think I just needed a push - a student cancelled a meeting with me but I had already come to campus in pouring down rain. I turned off the fluorescent lights in the office and put on my lamps, added mood music, and got into the writing groove today!

I hope I can get to the manuscript that needs updating from last month's conference with discussant feedback soon, so I am more motivated to finish these book chapter edits due December 1st.

In other news, though I wanted to say no to new projects, I am initiating one. In my class, my students were discussing research ideas to build off of course readings, and of course one student had a fantastic follow-up to one of my own studies with a colleague. It definitely seems worth doing, so my colleague and student are on board and just refreshing their human subjects research training so we can submit an IRB application. This will be useful for us to submit a conference proposal for next year, so I am really excited about this!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 10, 2021, 08:40:32 AM
Hmm. Conference prep today.

Much more tomorrow, but that's enough for today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Conference presentation + working on a second referee report today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Many photos later, the phone is happier and I found a bunch of archived materials I thought I'd missed.

More editing now. Student at 6:30. Dinner. Bed.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 11, 2021, 09:47:43 AM
Conference presentation + working on a second referee report today.

I fixed up my slides and ran through them, read and generated and sent in the referee report (accept! Yay!), and read another paper for a new book section (and for my neglected paper) and set up a small pile of research for the book section. Whew!
I know it's a genus.