News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

November Research

Started by mamselle, November 02, 2021, 12:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

I am now 90% done with book chapter revisions due 12/1, which is more progress than I anticipated!

My coauthor on the paper presented last month responded to me today with some comments on the discussant feedback. I plan to get back to that tomorrow, and hopefully we can submit to a journal very soon!

I am going to finalize a manuscript review tomorrow and get that submitted as well.

filologos

Quote from: mamselle on November 10, 2021, 10:28:53 AM
More good news!

Keep at it.

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 10, 2021, 12:18:15 PM
Well done! That's the spirit!

Thanks!

Had a good meeting with my advisor this afternoon about Chapter 1. I really need to start writing that conference paper . . .

Sun_Worshiper

I've been struggling on the research side due to a heavy teaching load. Getting a few things done at the margins, but it feels like I have only a little time every week for research. Things should calm down for me in December and January.

Things must be busy for my coauthors too, since they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Parasaurolophus

More presentation work today.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I submitted the manuscript review today. Hopefully that is the last one for the year. I got the manuscript ready to submit but found a different journal since our word count is a little high for the initial choice. I am waiting to hear if my coauthor is okay with the change. Then I can submit!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 12, 2021, 08:59:58 AM
More presentation work today.

Done already. It's just my second run-through, but I guess I did a good job with the slides and know what I wanna say, because I was bang on time and had no trouble remembering stuff.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Giving my talk and commentary today, and working on a book section.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

More notes transferred.

Wrote an answer to a request for info that will also be useful as a prompt for a section of the Intro.

Started a summary of the Intro.

Did some additions to Chapter 1.

Need to do more of everything.

Unrelated--it just started thundering.

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 13, 2021, 10:47:45 AM

Done, but I have a long ferry journey ahead so I'll do more. I dd a bit of reading and wrote 300 words of the new book section; I'll either keep at it or start up a new one (may as well; starting is the hardest part).
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 13, 2021, 04:52:04 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 13, 2021, 10:47:45 AM

Done, but I have a long ferry journey ahead so I'll do more. I dd a bit of reading and wrote 300 words of the new book section; I'll either keep at it or start up a new one (may as well; starting is the hardest part).

Wrote another 1360 words and read another article.
I know it's a genus.

filologos

Quote from: filologos on November 08, 2021, 07:07:04 PM

• Finish (re)reading and taking notes on primary source HF
  • (Re)read and take notes on primary source H
  • Finish (re)reading and taking notes on primary source M
  • Begin writing conference paper based on primary sources HF, H, and M (notional deadline: Dec. 15th; length: ~2750 wds)
  • Begin writing dissertation chapter #2 (4,000 words in)
Stretch goal:

• Finish writing conference paper

I started writing Chapter 2 just over a week ago, and now I'm 4,000 words in. Obviously it's only a first draft, but 4,000 words is much better than nothing (thanks again to those of you who encouraged me to write every day: over the past 9 days, I've written on 6 different days instead of 2). At the latest, I should have a complete draft of this chapter before next semester starts. But now I need to shift my focus toward the conference paper.

mamselle

Very good news!

Keep at it!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

rota1234

Last week I finished my conference paper and presented it. It was well received, thankfully.

On to new goals:

Week of November 14:
1. Begin new journal article (notes, thesis, and preliminary research is complete, but I still have a lot of research/prep-work to do).
2. Finish revising book chapter.
3. Begin revising another book chapter.

Have a good week everyone!

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on November 02, 2021, 05:16:44 PM

November Priority Goals

• Continue working on long-term project with student research assistants
  • Finish book chapter edits due 12/1 with two collaborators
  • Work on rejected manuscript revision with colleague and student
  • Take feedback from discussant at October conference and revise manuscript, then submit to a journal (goal to submit before the end of 2021)[/li]

Happy to report that book chapter edits are almost done and my colleague and I submitted our manuscript on Friday!

mamselle

One more session on the Ppt should do it.

(The list of 'fixes' is down to two sticky pages....)

Need to book the "showing" for a few listeners for feedback in the next week or so.

Then, import to the chapters and keep going on them.

Pas a pas...

M.