Main Menu

Planning for Retirement

Started by polly_mer, July 05, 2019, 07:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spork

Quote from: paultuttle on August 20, 2024, 02:16:46 PM[...]

you could say it's very nearly ideal.

[...]

I forgot to thank you for such an informative comment. You could have a second career in local government or the chamber of commerce promoting the area if you wanted one.

Does anyone know of an online calculator that shows how heavily various types of retirement income are taxed by each U.S. state? I can easily find webpages that list whether, for example, social security or pension income gets taxed, but I'd like a calculator that simultaneously spews out results for all states once I've plugged in numbers.

Convinced the wifey to visit Puerto Rico over the winter holidays. Maybe we could establish legal residence there for 6 months plus 1 day per year. Depends on how much she likes the food.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

clean

Perhaps an older copy of Turbotax would let you input your federal information and then change your state to simulate what the state taxes for each one would be. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

spork

None of my laptops have CD-ROM drives.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

clean

The final day to do taxes for 2023 is in october. You may still be able to download the current edition, but it would not be at a discounted price.  I guess that it would depend on how much you want the information.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader