Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

May Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 01, 2022, 08:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Did errands, then started on C.

Now need to do D and more on A.

Extreme heat was greatly exaggerated, as far as I can tell.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Worked on A., quick snack and more reading for D.

Need to dig into it more and make more notes.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

Half the feature for the monthly magazine is done.  I've got the photos off to the editor.  I have everything done from the interview, I should be able to do everything else from my notes.  The story is kind of boring, but that is no excuse.

I will, will, will finish it today.

There is so much to work on in other things...
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Hatchling didn't nap long, so I only made a medium fix and a few smaller ones. Still, I'll be done soon.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

D done, for today.

Writer is irritatingly self-deprecatory, blue pencil should have hit paper often than it did...

M.

darkstarrynight

I am attending a conference and presenting tomorrow, right after some really famous and outstanding speakers at the end of the day. Wish me luck!

The past few days have been productive. The rejected manuscript with colleague and (former) student was completed and then...target journal word max was less than our word count so we have to trim. We have a little more to cut before we can submit, but it is SO close!

The third revised manuscript my colleague and I submitted a few days ago already came back from the journal with "immediate minor revisions" which implies to me it will be accepted since the editor asked for us to resubmit it as a "clean publishable version." I am waiting on my coauthor to address a few of the remaining comments so we can submit it back!

darkstarrynight

My presentation went well today! Now I can stop being nervous and enjoy the rest of the conference this week.

Parasaurolophus

Fixed another medium issue today.

I'm properly back to work tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Got bits of things done yesterday, today:

Article A
Bk rvw
Article X wrap-up from presentation, so I can "put it to bed" for now & return later to write it up.
Article B, due 8/1
4.30 student.
7.00 folk dance class online

M.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna finish the chapter revisions today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Worked on Articles A and B.

Typed in a few notes for the book rvw (lotsa lime-green stickies poking out everywhere).

May wait to do article wrap-up; student shortly.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 24, 2022, 07:43:35 AM
Gonna finish the chapter revisions today.

Not quite--I have one more small thing to add, and a few minor fixes. But I got tired.
I know it's a genus.

Nightshade

I've been reading this thread for motivation for awhile, and finally have decided to jump in, even though it is late May, because I hope it'll motivate me to be more productive than usual over the summer months.

Big Goals

Finish article manuscript by mid-June
Submit article manuscript to Big Journal by mid-June

Tasks Left
1) Finish drafting that one substantial section and revise the almost-done section.
2) Fix the quotations and decide where to summarize instead.
3) Make sure transitions between sections are smooth and not arbitrary.
4) Revise final draft.
5) Add missing footnote pages/sections.
6) Reformat footnotes for Big Journal standards.
7) Reformat biblio for Big Journal standards
8) Write the abstract.
9) Anonymize.
10) Submit.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Yes.

Welcome, and cheers!

M.