News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

May Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 01, 2022, 08:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Did some work on the article-that-needs-to-be finished, need to start reading the (slim) book for the book review and get going on the revisions for the Aug 1 article.

Lunch now, student at 4:30.

Going....

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 03, 2022, 08:03:48 AM
I forgot that teaching summer classes means I have to set up the LMS. Sigh. So I'll do a lot of that today, and send my abstract, and tinker with the R&R.

Managed a little of everything. Sent the abstract, it's already been accepted for the volume.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Sounds good.

Still more to do tomorrow; I seem to be re-entering....slowly...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Towning today, so I expect to do nothing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I should put together two more course websites and then make real progress on the R&R.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

My superego is informing me it's on vacation.

So, took a walk, ate lunch, about to take a nap instead.

Students at 6.30 PM.

....more later...

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 05, 2022, 07:04:46 AM
Today, I should put together two more course websites and then make real progress on the R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

As of yesterday, the book proposal with three chapters for Next Monograph is submitted.

The remainder of this month will be about finishing the remaining half of the editing on the edited collection.

Parasaurolophus

I have some copy editing to do today, followed by more work on the R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 06, 2022, 07:56:36 AM
I have some copy editing to do today, followed by more work on the R&R.

Wrote about 1000 new words, did a lot of reorganizing. I am deep, deep in the paper's guts, and I've made a bit of a mess.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Editing like that is both boon and bane.

Satisfying when done, a pain one wants to keep turning aside from while the surgery is in progress...

Hope you and the piece both come through it alive.

;--》

M.

Parasaurolophus

I'll wade through the guts later today, when time allows.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Took the Ppt and added notes to myself on how to improve it for any "next times" or articles that might arrive on its doorstep.

Next up: get back to the MS article and do something with it.

Then: do some reading in the book to be reviewed.

It is encouraging to note that I am in fact returning to these pursuits after a week spent wantonly watching nothing productive and reading nothing vaguely related to my work, except for whatever was needed to keep my students moving forward.

Excelsior...

M.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on May 07, 2022, 02:09:51 PM
Took the Ppt and added notes to myself on how to improve it for any "next times" or articles that might arrive on its doorstep.

Next up: get back to the MS article and do something with it.

Then: do some reading in the book to be reviewed.

It is encouraging to note that I am in fact returning to these pursuits after a week spent wantonly watching nothing productive and reading nothing vaguely related to my work, except for whatever was needed to keep my students moving forward.

Excelsior...

M.

MS article re-opened and I found an interesting comparison online to work with further, so that was worthwhile.

Reading up next. Then dinner. Then bed. (Maybe some old BBC sit-coms before bed..."Potter," and "Bloomers" are dippy enough...)

M. 

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 07, 2022, 08:11:47 AM
I'll wade through the guts later today, when time allows.

I think everything is back in its right place. I'll tidy up the mess tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.