1.5 hrs- Article B
1.5 hrs- Close-out conf ppr detritus
1 hr- clean/clear more stuff, prep lesson
6.30 student
Dinner

A vos positions, mes amis!

M.

A done. Lunch done.
Skipping review for article B work; I'm in writing/editing mode more than reading right now.

M.

B done.
Doing student prep for the moment, will read after that.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Liquidambar

Quote from: Liquidambar on May 26, 2022, 12:23:36 PM
Quote from: Liquidambar on May 26, 2022, 11:04:56 AM
To do in the next couple hours:
Reply to collaborator
Double check results section
Edit discussion
Edit supplement
First draft of abstract

Everything else will have to wait until tomorrow.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 26, 2022, 07:02:29 AM
Not sure what to do woth myself today. I'll make a few fixes to my translation, then... I guess I'll read an REB application?

Done and done, and submitted my revised chapter. The hatchling just fell asleep on me, though, so now what? I got another referee request, but I don't feel like working on those today.

Oh, and co-authored paper 3 didn't win the weird prize(s). Oh well. It was worth a try.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Everyone rocks! Congratulations on your progress! I spent much of the day getting my summer class ready, and I am hoping to finalize it tomorrow before the weekend. Let's go!!!

Ancient Fellow

Edited collection done, sending to Interested University Press today!

Desktop cleared for the moment to consider smaller projects...

mamselle

Walk
Article A
Article B
Lunch
Book rvw
Class prep
Theory class
Dinner
Bed

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

At a loose end again today. I suppose I might make a start on revising one of my rejected papers. Although I suppose I should mark some stuff, too. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Is it a loose-ends kinda day???

My walk and lunch merged into a do-nothing hour or so, and I'm just getting to Article A.

Gotta type fast to catch up.

4:30 class time will arrive no matter what....

M.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on May 27, 2022, 10:15:13 AM
Is it a loose-ends kinda day???

My walk and lunch merged into a do-nothing hour or so, and I'm just getting to Article A.

Gotta type fast to catch up.

4:30 class time will arrive no matter what....

M.

OK, better. Tiny bits of work on A and B done.

More tiny bits on review also done.

Now, just class prep to go.

It's gonna storm....

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 27, 2022, 06:42:54 AM
At a loose end again today. I suppose I might make a start on revising one of my rejected papers. Although I suppose I should mark some stuff, too. Ugh.

Fixed a little, graded a bunch.
I know it's a genus.

euro_trash

Finish and submit book proposals to top 3 press choices
Get funding for September Europe conference
Prepare solicited review of book
Organize flights, food, and flat for research abroad
Order computer equipment for June travel
Make progress on RR article
Make progress on analysis 1 of project C
Organize flights, food, flat for September Europe conference
spork in 2014: "It's a woe-is-me echo chamber."

niceday in 2011: "Euro_trash is blinded by his love for Endnote"

I'm kind of a hippy, love nature and my kids, and am still a believer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3n4BPPaaoKc

Parasaurolophus

A little fixing today, a lot more teaching stuff.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Deep breath...

OK, walk, readings, and breakfast done.

Read bk rvw guidelines, tailor structure to them.
Re-read article B style guide, dig into formatting as well as trying to do UK part of family history for gravestones.
Keep going on article A medieval stuff--will it ever be done?
Think more about adapting dance hx ppr. to something publishable....there is one outlet, maybe...

Lunch somewhere in there...
Then dinner...

Onwards and upwards!

M.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on May 28, 2022, 09:39:39 AM
Deep breath...

OK, walk, readings, and breakfast done.

Read bk rvw guidelines, tailor structure to them. - Set up template and created header plus formatted line spacing, sample text.
Re-read article B style guide, dig into formatting as well as trying to do UK part of family history for gravestones. Still more to do.
Think more about adapting dance hx ppr. to something publishable....there is one outlet, maybe...

Lunch somewhere in there...
Then dinner...

Onwards and upwards!

M.

mamselle

Too many 'quote' layers...

Read bk rvw guidelines, tailor structure to them. - Set up template and created header plus formatted line spacing, sample text.
Re-read article B style guide, dig into formatting as well as trying to do UK part of family history for gravestones--Still more to do..
    Got a lot done, including a tiny find to anchor part of the text. (Grr--some 18th c. London churches kept better records than others!)

Brief snack break and, up next:

Still:
Onwards and upwards!

M.