News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

May Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 01, 2022, 08:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Too many 'quote' layers...

Read bk rvw guidelines, tailor structure to them. - Set up template and created header plus formatted line spacing, sample text.
Re-read article B style guide, dig into formatting as well as trying to do UK part of family history for gravestones--Still more to do..
    Got a lot done, including a tiny find to anchor part of the text. (Grr--some 18th c. London churches kept better records than others!)

Brief snack break and, up next:
   Keep going on article A medieval stuff--will it ever be done?    - Did more. Someday, maybe?
   Think more about adapting dance hx ppr. to something publishable....there is one outlet, maybe...   - still pondering...

Dinner now.

Still:
Onwards and upwards!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 28, 2022, 09:14:04 AM
A little fixing today, a lot more teaching stuff.

Didn't have enough time, but managed some.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

When opportunity allows, I should tinker with revising that paper.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Did more on article A. Still more to go.

Article B up next.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 29, 2022, 10:05:36 AM
When opportunity allows, I should tinker with revising that paper.

Meh, good enough for today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on May 29, 2022, 01:17:33 PM
Did more on article A. Still more to go.

Article B up next.

M.

Have plowed through MANY 18th c. doc's, maybe found one more of use.

Might have to stop--dinner next, in any case.

M.

Harlow2

Finally finished and submitted article I've worked on periodically over the last year. Fingers crossed; this is not my main field.

Parasaurolophus

It's a teaching day, so I'll make a small start on reading the book I'm reviewing, and then fix a few things in that paper.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

A bit more work on B, A next.

Student at 5 PM. (The morning went to errands and necessary house-related chores.)

M.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on May 30, 2022, 12:35:16 PM
A bit more work on B, A next.

Student at 5 PM. (The morning went to errands and necessary house-related chores.)

M.

Decent work on A done, student soon.

Not too bad....

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 30, 2022, 06:24:42 AM
It's a teaching day, so I'll make a small start on reading the book I'm reviewing, and then fix a few things in that paper.

Not a great day for it, but did some of most of that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to plug away at revising that paper, but I need to make a dent in some referee reports, all due in June.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Bits done on both A and B. Seem to be getting closer on both, but there are still notes to do.

Gotta open that book, too, and read some more of it for the review...

And I'm still dithering about turning the presentation into a proto-paper "just in case."

Student shortly.

Folk dance (I almost wrote 'fork dance...' hmmm....) after that.

M.

Nightshade

Nice work everyone - it seems like you all have been plugging away at your projects and making progress. I, too, have made progress, but can't cross off any minor goals toward the major one (which is submitting this article to Big Journal in the field by mid-June). It feels like all the minor goals are major ones and I may need to break them down a bit more so I can start crossing things off. Today was my big writing day - the day I take no meetings, grade no things, and do no service. I still have some hours left.  I'm also still within reach of my mid-June goal of submitting, so that's positive. Have ordered some important books to bolster arguments and will continue with shorter writing periods for the rest of the week.

mamselle

Go, Lively Nightshade!

M.