Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by mamselle, June 01, 2022, 06:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

It's June, so....here we all are!

Today,

Article A, continued cleanup and footnote references checked, should finish up soon.
Article B, more findings to fold in, start wrestling it into compliance with pub. guidelines
Bk review, keep reading and writing
Presentation-to-paper transformation, hmmmmm......get started, I guess.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

Here we are indeed! Suddenly (interthreaduality), I'm less massively distracted and able to focus on research again.

Today:

Update ethics paperwork
In progress: adjusting stimulus list spreadsheet. Witness my Excel formula skillz!

Sun_Worshiper

I'm taking a big trip mid-month that requires some prep and also have a workshop next week that will eat up several days, so this stands to be a relatively unproductive June. However, I have a few goals that I hope to make progress on:

• Submit paper #1, which is complete and just requires a thorough proofread
  • Make some progress on getting paper #2 off the ground
  • Continue making progress on paper #3 with colleagues - this is a short and not methodologically intensive paper, so I can work on it at the margins
  • IRB for a short bit of fieldwork I'm hoping to do in August

And if any rejections or R&Rs come my way then those will move to the top of the priority list.

darkstarrynight

June Goals

• Submit presentation slides for June conference presentation this week!
  • Work on sabbatical project (ongoing prep work for Fall)
  • Finalize proof edits on book chapter due out this Fall

I am very pleased that one of my manuscripts was accepted yesterday! I also have three under review (one revision, one second revision, one first version) and hope to receive decisions on the revised manuscripts from journals soon.

mamselle

Started with Article B this AM, now moving to Article A, just to mix things up a bit.

More getting done on each.

Review and pres-to-pub project to follow.

Students at 4:30.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on June 01, 2022, 10:12:44 AM
Started with Article B this AM, now moving to Article A, just to mix things up a bit.

More getting done on each.

Review and pres-to-pub project to follow.

Students at 4:30.

M.

A work done for today. One more day on the text and then the notes can start. There are a lot of notes...

Tossing a coin for the next hour's work, I'll only finish one or the other of the last two items up next.

M.

ETA: Opened the pres-to-pub project files and looked them over so I know where to start tomorrow.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 01, 2022, 12:36:18 PM
Bit more refereeing today.

Did a bit, but not as much as I wanted. Didn't have the time.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Oops, forgot to add my monthly goals:

• Referee two papers.
  • Read the book I'm reviewing.

Stretch:

• Referee a third paper.
  • Finish fixing Neglected Paper 1
  • Fill out the publisher's survey thing for my book.

Today, I'm working on one of my reports, which is due in a couple of days. The paper sucks.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

OK, Article A is now free of all yellow-and-green flag-splotches for lookups, citations, etc. in the text. Bib and notes to follow.

Article B still has some integration issues and a few 'love-to-find-it' research holes, but there's still time for it, (Aug 1 due date).

Pres-to-pub piece--I need to either take text from the slides, or start over....maybe a bit of both. Pondering.

Book review--more reading, more writing to do.

Student at 6:30.

M.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on June 02, 2022, 12:31:51 PM
OK, Article A is now free of all yellow-and-green flag-splotches for lookups, citations, etc. in the text. Bib and notes to follow.

Article B still has some integration issues and a few 'love-to-find-it' research holes, but there's still time for it, (Aug 1 due date).

Pres-to-pub piece--I need to either take text from the slides, or start over....maybe a bit of both. Pondering.

Book review--more reading, more writing to do.

Student at 6:30.

M.

Tumbled into the rabbit-hole that is 13th c. cathedral photography.....just now coming back up for air, with a couple of lovely star-fish-shaped footnotes and five added, useful main-text sentences to show for it.

Happy.

M.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on June 01, 2022, 10:09:11 AM
June Goals

• Submit presentation slides for June conference presentation this week!
  • Work on sabbatical project (ongoing prep work for Fall)
  • Finalize proof edits on book chapter due out this Fall

I just submitted the conference presentation slides a day early! They are a "shell" so my coauthors and I can add content before we present in a few weeks. The shell goes onto the conference portal so people can download it and must attend to access the 'good stuff" we will share. Yesterday I prepared the proof edits for the book chapter in a document because the publisher is going to send me the document some time next week and demands a 24 hour turnaround. I asked my chapter coauthors to send all edits as soon as possible so I can just do them all quickly whenever I get the proof. That will be a frenzy!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 02, 2022, 07:23:35 AM

Today, I'm working on one of my reports, which is due in a couple of days. The paper sucks.

Sent it in.
I know it's a genus.

Nightshade

Nice work, everyone, on knocking down your June lists, and congrats to those who have finished/submitted manuscripts! I made decent progress today on the article I wish to submit mid-June, despite an ongoing family medical emergency that has been taking up substantial time. I'm pleased that I was able to put my head back into the project at intervals. Now dinner and grading.

Harlow2

At the very beginning stages with 2 new projects, one with a former student/now colleague that should be enjoyable. Hoping to get mss. Started this summer.