Started by mamselle, June 01, 2022, 06:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Text: Done
Bib.: Done
all edit/checks: Done

Now to send it around...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 13, 2022, 06:22:02 AM
I should catch up on some teaching-related stuff today, but if time allows or I get too bored, I should either start writing my book review or start work on a new short paper.

Recorded a lecture, did some marking, and made a start on a short reply piece.
I know it's a genus.

Harlow2

First research meeting on new project. Hope we are all on board with the plan.

mamselle

As soon as I sent the 'final draft around, the re-read it this AM, I saw changes, typos, and problems.

Wading into the weeds today, trying for a cleaner version shortly....

So goes the sense of completeness....

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Half-done and it is better (I think.)

The rest after lunch, although that's where more of the thickly rooted weeds are....so, we'll see.

Student at 4:30.

La vie continue...

M.

ergative

Recorded the entries from spreadsheet 1 today. Took just about as long as I thought it would. Spreadsheet 2 will be recorded tomorrow, and then on Thursday I must instruct the RA in how to process the raw recordings.

mamselle

Got two weedy pages weeded out.

Still at the same page count, so that's to the good.

There will be more weeding, which I hope will reduce the page count further.

I'm starting to see how to find the weeds in the dark...well, in advance of the sun going down, anyway.

Student shortly.

Dinner, then Folk Dance after that.

Tomorrow will see it 'really' done, I suspect.

So funny how it works. (And I KNOW it does this, it just surprises me each time, even though it shouldn't: that's why I send it to friends early before sending it in...)

M.

Parasaurolophus

Oh, I dunno. I need to mark stuff today. I guess I might write a bit of that reply piece, too. Or maybe read something.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 14, 2022, 02:35:43 PM
Oh, I dunno. I need to mark stuff today. I guess I might write a bit of that reply piece, too. Or maybe read something.

Marked another small pile, wrote 650ish words, and read 1.75 articles.
I know it's a genus.

newprof

(Very) slowly making my way through an advanced draft of a bulky book chapter. I am reporting from deep in the weeds, to reference Mamselle, and am continuing onwards.

Parasaurolophus

More marking today, punctuated by a little work on that reply piece.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

It's a dribs-and-drabs day.

Recalled an orphan article, still lookin' for a home, like the boll weevil--realized I could send it to a couple of friends to ask about placement suggestions. Just did the basic clean-up to send it around to them.

That was a breather activity before a) doing the illustrations list I forgot to finish for Article A--discovered when I sent it around, that's what happens!--and b) tweaking the last section, which made sense when I first put it together, but now seems clunky and in want of one last streamlining pass.

One early student has postponed for tomorrow, so more time on those, plus time to get more done on the book review, which becomes the next priority.

And a friend has asked for resource help for a topic very closely tied to both the review and Article B, so I'm doing a bit of that as well. They're my go-to for gravestone attributions, so it behooves me to help out on my side when I can as well.

M.

darkstarrynight

Forgot to post yesterday - I added to the conference presentation slides our actual content we plan to present in two weeks (the one I submitted was for the app so people have to come to the session to learn the study results).

mamselle

Cunning, you are!!

I did get a good chunk of the revision done before I had to teach, and feel like it's the right thing to do; will keep on tomorrow.

Illustration list is done, too.

Dinner.

Bed.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 15, 2022, 06:14:02 AM
More marking today, punctuated by a little work on that reply piece.

Marked a set of quizzes, wrote about 1400 words, so I've more or less hit the maximum length for the reply. I still have a little to write, then will need to do loads of editing. But it's coming together!
I know it's a genus.