News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by mamselle, June 01, 2022, 06:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 05, 2022, 06:01:33 AM
When time allows, I'll see what I can do about Scooped Paper.

Managed a non-negligible chunk.
I know it's a genus.

traductio

A few months ago I discovered that a graph I had created for an article published in 2019 was wrong because of a syntax error in my spreadsheet. (Grrr.) I fixed the graph and sent it to the journal's editor, and it got stuck in their spam folder. But now it's finally fixed!

(Plus, from now on I'll pay closer attention to commas vs. colons in SUM functions.)

Parasaurolophus

Today, I keep readi the book I'm reviewing, and tinker with Scooped Paper.
I know it's a genus.

ergative

Quote from: ergative on June 01, 2022, 07:17:05 AM
Here we are indeed! Suddenly (interthreaduality), I'm less massively distracted and able to focus on research again.

Today:

Update ethics paperwork
In progress: adjusting stimulus list spreadsheet. Witness my Excel formula skillz!

Well, I finished these, finally. Lots of surprise!meetings and a long weekend, which I enjoyed, but was not at all productive during. Better luck tomorrow, I hope.

mamselle

Decided to just work on A, see if I can finish it up so that (like ergative) I can focus on other things better!!

Did all the captions, numbering and making sure they're in the right font size, and started on the notes and bibliography lookups.

Student in 1/2 hour, better stop for now...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 06, 2022, 07:51:40 AM
Today, I keep readi the book I'm reviewing, and tinker with Scooped Paper.

Read a chapter, and wrote about 600 words for Scooped, which is more or less ready to go out there (I think). I'll have a last look-see tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

ergative

Bunch o' meetings today, but I want to get my other spreadsheet of stimuli in order. My goal for the week is to get them recorded, so I can set my summer RAs to work processing the recordings.

mamselle

A
B
Book review
Q

Students at 4.30.

Go!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Reading for my review, plus I'd like to finish and submit Scooped.

Lotsa marking to be done, too.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

A reply to a new contact from K'zoo led to a comment that can be followed up in the book review. Doing that now.

Two-fer.

M.

ergative

Got a good chunk of Spreadsheet 2 done today. More tomorrow, but it feels good to be making progress once again.

dinomom

My first time on the research thread. Fun to read what you all are up to.
Today I worked on copyedits for Article A (in press) and co-edited volume intro.
Tomorrow my plan is to work more on Article A (finish if possible) and get back to Article B (R&R).

mamselle

Welcome, dinomom!

We each have our quirky ways of updating, and they change....often.

;--}

One whole page of bib. done for A.

Lunch now.

B? later.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 07, 2022, 07:45:02 AM
Reading for my review, plus I'd like to finish and submit Scooped.

Submitted Scooped. It will be rejected.

Read a chapter.

Now for marking.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

This morning, I'm reading for my review. This afternoon, tinkering with Neglected Paper.
I know it's a genus.