News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by mamselle, June 01, 2022, 06:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Today I'll read a chapter and send off the paper.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Mostly teaching today; tomorrow may see the end of one thing and the start of two more...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

Spreadsheet 2 DONE! Happy Friday, all!

dinomom

Article A (this draft anyway) done and sent back to the copyeditor.
Happy Friday everyone!

mamselle

Students did well; now, do I have any braincells left to look at a few notes to correct them?

Or maybe just wait until tomorrow...on va voir.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 10, 2022, 08:03:52 AM
Today I'll read a chapter and send off the paper.

Sent the paper, but only read a few pages. My day got hijacked a bit.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Fell asleep, no braincells left from yesterday's allotment.

Walk, breakfast, and a WHOLE DAY to work on these notes.

Paper-wrassling to ensue, with the goal of sending it as a decent final-ish draft to a friendly reader by tonight.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Just want to finish reading the book today, minus the translator's introduction, perhaps.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 11, 2022, 07:31:06 AM
Just want to finish reading the book today, minus the translator's introduction, perhaps.

Did it. Also had a look at a paper that was rejected in October--it's in fine shape, really, and doesn't need too much tinkering before it goes back out.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I finish reading the translator's intro, and probably also tinker with that paper.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Did not go see Jurassic World with the in-laws.  Stayed home to write instead. 

Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mamselle

OK, one page with 6 changes to fix and it's done.

Delay was caused by the wonderful discovery of an archival list that let me check all my bibliography notes more closely.

(That's a good thing, right?)

Dinner and the last few will be done.

Whew!!!

M.

mamselle

Done. I'll run a spell/grammar check tomorrow (always fun, with three languages running) and send it to my friend/readers.

NOW--dinner.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 12, 2022, 12:00:20 PM
Today I finish reading the translator's intro, and probably also tinker with that paper.

Read it, tinkered with the paper, decided it was good enough and sent it to a very, very, very fancy journal. It'll be rejected in six months or so, I imagine. Still, it's worth a shot!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I should catch up on some teaching-related stuff today, but if time allows or I get too bored, I should either start writing my book review or start work on a new short paper.
I know it's a genus.